(Poll) Change new NTVDM icon

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Which one you want the NTVDM icon.

Poll ended at Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:18 pm

Current
48%
New
52%

Total votes: 21

ROCKNROLLKID

Re: (Poll) Change new NTVDM icon

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

dsp8195 wrote:
ROCKNROLLKID wrote:I don't like the green color, to be honest. Maybe we can replicate the Windows 2000 recycling bin icon, as I liked how that looked. It doesn't have to be transparent, like it was in XP, as that usually costs a little more in resources anyways.
You do realize EVERY 32-bit Tango icon has partial transparency, and how much of it used in blending is COMPLETELY irrelevant, since it's a square matrix operation?! Every icon you see in the interface is blended according to display's colour scheme, not the one taken from icon (it's actually up-converted if its bit depth is mismatched, adding overhead to drawing operations)! Hence, the icon can be of any shape and design.
Yes, I am well aware of that, but what I meant was it doesn't have to be completely see through like XP's icon was.

middings

Re: (Poll) Change new NTVDM icon

Post by middings »

ROCKNROLLKID wrote:Maybe we can replicate the Windows 2000 recycling bin icon, as I liked how that looked.
I am confident that no one here intends to violate any of Microsoft's copyrights or licenses. However, words such as 'replicate', 'clone', or 'copy' can be misunderstood. The Design forum topic "XP-like icons" includes discussion of artwork design methods that are permissible and those that are best avoided.