[SOLVED] Internship positions available?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

PetruDimitriu

[SOLVED] Internship positions available?

Post by PetruDimitriu »

Update: It's all fine now, as I've received the reply. :)

Hi everyone! It's the first time in ~3 or more years that I write on this forum. Now I'm starting my 2nd year of faculty this October, and I want to do something useful and productive, get back to an old flame and fill my spare time, so I sent an email to jobs at reactos dot org to apply for a position as an intern - with no reply as of yet. I'd really like to gain experience in OS development and architecture, and that's pretty much everything that I seek; and since I've had some pleasant experience with ReactOS in the past, I chose to continue with it.

Are positions still open?
Last edited by PetruDimitriu on Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pi_User5

Re: Internship positions available?

Post by Pi_User5 »

I'm not a developer but I would say most likely yes. ReactOS is always looking for devs.
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
PetruDimitriu

Re: Internship positions available?

Post by PetruDimitriu »

Pi_User5 wrote:I'm not a developer but I would say most likely yes. ReactOS is always looking for devs.
True, but I am aware that an intern takes more effort to maintain. For instance, I have no prior kernel-level programming skills and, even if I do know the basics of an OS's entrails and would not be completely lost in ReactOS's source code, I still need someone to guide me through and direct me so I can be productive and learn faster than I would do on my own. Someone must be willing and able to take his time and do this, though. That's why I am asking. Also, I'd like to know what this would involve, so that it does not interfere with my studying.