ReactOS web Server!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jaix
Moderator Team

Re: hey jaix...

Post by Jaix »

TOTMS wrote:You guys might be interested in this as well.
http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1437
I tried UltraVNC a year ago, it worked but was pretty unstable then.
http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic. ... hlight=vnc
tgc

Post by tgc »

Since ROS is open source and all that, I was wondering if you've considered a small opensource webserver. There's not many around, but "miniapache" could be an option. It exists with php and without. I haven't tested it on ROS, so it might not work at all ...
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

tgc wrote:Since ROS is open source and all that, I was wondering if you've considered a small opensource webserver.
There's no point. Apache has already been ported to windows, so sooner or later it'll run on top of ReactOS (if it doesn't already)
ScoTTie

Post by ScoTTie »

It doesnt, WaxDragon recently filed a bug report on it. So hopefully it will be working (or atleast partly) soon.
TOTMS

Post by TOTMS »

ScoTTie wrote:It doesnt, WaxDragon recently filed a bug report on it. So hopefully it will be working (or atleast partly) soon.
Maybe until then a *lite* verision might work? Either that or its a core problem with Apache in which case neither version will work.
Jaix
Moderator Team

Great point in trying new server software!

Post by Jaix »

I would say it's a great point in testing new server software, it makes us find many bugs and thuss makes ROS a better OS. An not to mention how cool it is to be able to use ROS as a server OS. Go for is dudes, try all web-servers and ftp-servers that you find.
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

tgc wrote:Since ROS is open source and all that, I was wondering if you've considered a small opensource webserver. There's not many around, but "miniapache" could be an option. It exists with php and without. I haven't tested it on ROS, so it might not work at all ...
Good idea, but it will not run under reactos since it needs to be started as a service.
Where do you want ReactOS to go today ?
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

Dr. Fred wrote:Good idea, but it will not run under reactos since it needs to be started as a service.
I don't know about miniapache, but the normal version of apache doesn't have to be started as a service.
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

try lates r20508 or newer GvG have fix some memmory leak for tcp/ip
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Stamping out those memory leaks is going to take awhile. I don't envy you on doing that. Kudoes to the devs for your hard work!
Go Huskers!
Jaix
Moderator Team

Sounds Nice!

Post by Jaix »

GreatLord wrote:try lates r20508 or newer GvG have fix some memmory leak for tcp/ip
I look forward to see some fixes and to get a little more stable network function, I would like to put a real HardWare machine online with a webserver to be able to make some long-run tests.
GaeTaN

Re: Sounds Nice!

Post by GaeTaN »

Jaix wrote:
GreatLord wrote:try lates r20508 or newer GvG have fix some memmory leak for tcp/ip
I look forward to see some fixes and to get a little more stable network function, I would like to put a real HardWare machine online with a webserver to be able to make some long-run tests.
That's something that would be really exciting !
I can't do that since nobody seem to do something with including the usb mouse and keyboard driver everywhere :(
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

USB is under devloping and hard part to write. we only support one of two most common USB protocoll. for now it is Xbox standard usb protocoll. soory I do not mentor the name on the protocoll now. for it stand still in my head what there name are now.

Fireball is working on adding one more usb protocoll.
Jaix
Moderator Team

OHCI & UHCI

Post by Jaix »

Well, I have successfully been running both OHCI (XBox-style) and UHCI USB hosts, so Fireball and HPoussin who is making the USB drivers will be ready with mouse, key and memorysticks in some weeks actually.
GaeTaN

Re: OHCI & UHCI

Post by GaeTaN »

Jaix wrote:Well, I have successfully been running both OHCI (XBox-style) and UHCI USB hosts, so Fireball and HPoussin who is making the USB drivers will be ready with mouse, key and memorysticks in some weeks actually.
Cool !
I hope the drivers will be included in the livecd :wink: