distrowatch

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Webunny

Re: distrowatch

Post by Webunny »

DOSGuy wrote:Dude, can you never let anything go? It's like if anyone in the world disagrees with you, you have a compulsive need to argue with them. You received a warning, which the forum administrators have a right to issue, so heed the warning and move on with your life. Or do you intend to argue until you get banned, since the ban would be a badge of honor for standing up to the tyranny of the freedom-of-speech-hating commies who banned you? Your rebuttals take the thread off topic, so please -- once again -- find somewhere more appropriate to air your grievances and keep the discussion in this thread to the topic of distrowatch.
Not at all, I was just voicing my remarks to what has been said. I have always been cordial and refused to lower myself with namecalling or whatever, so I don't see why one would deem it problematic if I offered my view on the matter. Yes, I know it can be said that I have already mentioned this, but apparently people still continue to mention their opinions and viewpoints on the matter, so how can this be deemed one-sided? In fact, as you've noted perhaps, I already suggested several times to let's drop the issue, but people ignore it and still feel free to post their opinions on the matter, so why can't I?

I'm well aware the purpose is to get me banned, but contrary to your presumption, it has nothing to do with getting 'a badge of honour'. I'm not even sure how you would get an idea like that, to be frank. A ban will simply mean I end - on my side - all help in community efforts, translation of the site, wikipages, testing and donations. It's not that I want to be 'proud' of that, it's just a natural consequence. As natural as the devs think it is to ban me for a trivial non-offensive post where no other would be banned for.

Now, as said, I'm *trying* to get back to the topic, because this isn't boding well. So...let's go back to the topic, and give this a rest. It's clear I risk more than you guys here, by continuing the thread like this. It's somewhat unfair to me/my postings, because, while we're all 'off-topic' now, we all know that, pragmatically speaking, I'm the only one at risk of getting warned or banned for that here. Let's just focus on the issue at hand, namely what the parent poster should/could /may do, and give a clear answer to his question.

Edit: In fact, to minimise giving an excuse, I strongly suggest to post these 'off-topic' posts here: https://reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13807 In any case, I'll respond there from now on, in this particular matter. Please follow suite, since the original topic is always derailed in off-topic ways with these kind of posts and reactions. Thanks!
Last edited by Webunny on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justincase

Post by justincase »

@Webunny - There are a number of notable fallacies in what you said, but for the sake of staying on topic I will not make a rebuttal.
@DOSGuy - Yeah, :roll: :lol:, I agree.
@Webunny - If you're trying to be on-topic, then at the very least you could put something that's on topic in your post, and what DOSGuy was saying was that it almost looks like you're trying to get yourself banned, take a hint and try not responding. (Edit - or responding in a separate thread like your edit to your post indicates you will do)
Webunny wrote:The question rather is, should anyone notify distrowatch about it? The parent poster still didn't got an answer, ...
Actually yes he did, it wasn't from someone official, but it was an answer:
justincase wrote:Go for it, mmns944n6! see what DistroWatch says about it.
Z98 made it obvious that the team didn't want to have the irrelevant packages showing, but rather that they (he) didn't know that they could be changed/removed, so while this is a somewhat trivial matter to the devs, and thus they're unlikely to go out of their way to try to get it fixed, it is something that a community member could bring to DistroWatch's attention, so in this case I don't see where a "Yes do it" or "No don't do it" answer is required, if you want to do it, do it, if you don't care, don't bother.

@mmns944n6 - If you do try to contact DistroWatch about it, please come back and let us know how they respond.
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
mmns944n6

Post by mmns944n6 »

On the subject I have nothing else to say. So i am out of the discussion.
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

justincase wrote:@Webunny - There are a number of notable fallacies in what you said, but for the sake of staying on topic I will not make a rebuttal.
@DOSGuy - Yeah, :roll: :lol:, I agree.
@Webunny - If you're trying to be on-topic, then at the very least you could put something that's on topic in your post, and what DOSGuy was saying was that it almost looks like you're trying to get yourself banned, take a hint and try not responding. (Edit - or responding in a separate thread like your edit to your post indicates you will do)
Webunny wrote:The question rather is, should anyone notify distrowatch about it? The parent poster still didn't got an answer, ...
Actually yes he did, it wasn't from someone official, but it was an answer:
justincase wrote:Go for it, mmns944n6! see what DistroWatch says about it.
Z98 made it obvious that the team didn't want to have the irrelevant packages showing, but rather that they (he) didn't know that they could be changed/removed, so while this is a somewhat trivial matter to the devs, and thus they're unlikely to go out of their way to try to get it fixed, it is something that a community member could bring to DistroWatch's attention, so in this case I don't see where a "Yes do it" or "No don't do it" answer is required, if you want to do it, do it, if you don't care, don't bother.

@mmns944n6 - If you do try to contact DistroWatch about it, please come back and let us know how they respond.
Off topic. I responded to you here: https://reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... 79#p113679

As for the original post: the parent poster asked a clear question, it's little effort to give a clear answer. There is no need for presumptions or guesses or interpretations: an official yes or no is the most simple, and most clear answer, we can all agree to that. Also: you have no official stature, so you can't speak for ROS, and I doubt he was interested in some random opinion that could be as much the wrong permission to do so as the right one.