Internet connection unreliable on ReactOS

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Clearvoyant

Internet connection unreliable on ReactOS

Post by Clearvoyant »

Gettings problems where the downloader refuses to download anything, and using Firefox 3.6 on ReactOS, pages don't always fully load. As in, parts of the page, e.g images, are missing. I have tried the nightlies with this same problem.

Is this a known issue? My internet connection is about 20mbit, is this why I am experiencing this problem?

hbelusca
Developer

Re: Internet connection unreliable on ReactOS

Post by hbelusca »

Confirmed. Just to know, are you testing ReactOS on a virtual machine or on hardware? For me I have those problems on a VM (on vbox) (I'm not able to test ROS on hardware btw). Feel free to open a bug report on Jira.

Clearvoyant

Post by Clearvoyant »

I'm using Virtualbox. Not fully sure how to use JIRA.

middings

Post by middings »

Thank you for trying ReactOS. I appreciate your perseverance after encountering bugs in this alpha level software.

To begin a bug report (called an "issue" in JIRA) use the Bugtracker link at the top of the page. Log in with your existing Forum credentials. (Note: A wait of up to 24 hours may be required after creating new Forum credentials before they are available to JIRA.) If the What's New in JIRA splash page appears, you may close it. Create an issue by typing c or choosing the Create Issue link at the upper left of the page. Report each unique bug on its own separate report.

A bug found in the ReactOS operating system belongs to the project Core ReactOS. For the Issue Type, the bubble with the question mark inside opens a sub-window with short descriptions of the available choices. Choose the most appropriate one. Put the title of your bug report into the Summary field. This should be a very short summary of the bug you found. For the Description field, add more details so the developers can reproduce your bug. Choose an appropriate priority level then click the Create button on the lower right of the window. Your bug report is now logged.

Any input field of the bug report that you are not sure about (or anything best left to the Project Lead) you may leave as you found it when you began your bug report. The Project Lead will make any necessary additions or changes to the bug report you created. The project's developers automatically receive electronic notices of new bug reports.

I look forward to seeing the bugs you have found become resolved.

Clearvoyant

Post by Clearvoyant »

Thanks middings. I've opened a report. Does anyone have a temporary workaround for this?

milon

Post by milon »

I don't have a work around, but I think this is the bug report: CORE-8335

Jessey

Post by Jessey »

join the club.