Call for Testing: Shell Bringup

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

mrugiero

Re: Call for Testing: Shell Bringup

Post by mrugiero »

oldman wrote:
mrugiero wrote:
oldman wrote: 1) The image shows a blue line along the bottom, from the MWSnap entry to the clock box, with a gap in the middle.
It seems to be the same shade of blue in the background, and the gap is around the same size as the text in the button. I wonder if there's actually a correlation between those pairs (color of the line with the background, size of the gap with the size of the string). Could you try both with a different background and a different app, just for curiosity?
[ external image ]

It still looks blue to me!
And what about the size of the gap and the size of the name string? I see no app there, nor gap.
justincase

Post by justincase »

bc1_ wrote:The forward / backward functionality of explorer is not working quite properly.
For example select My Computer on desktop, then open C:
Use backward, then forward, then again backward and so on.
The buttons sometimes won't work, and the locations (C: and My Computer)
toggle clicking the same buttons.
This (or at least the second half of this) is already on the list as
Going Back & Forward multiple times sometimes changes the order of history items.
petr-akhlamov wrote:1)Language switcher
I'm not sure what exactly you mean, but I suggest that you check to see if you get the same or different experience in the trunk builds, then (if different) give step by step instructions of how someone can reproduce your issue from a fresh install.
petr-akhlamov wrote:2)Menu panel
Sort of on there already, but added the specifics mentioned (also you said using the left arrow to close a submenu went to the menu to the left (e.g. View to Edit), but it went 2 to the left for me (e.g. View to File))
petr-akhlamov wrote:5)Virtual desktops
gigaherz wrote:The list is not supposed to include extra things that Windows 2003 never did.
Also this can be done with plenty of third party applications.
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
gigaherz

Post by gigaherz »

petr-akhlamov wrote:Keyboard can not open the submenu opens the following menu.
Example:
I open the keyboard "view". Keyboard button "down" I switch to "toolbars".
  1. Press the "right" to open the submenu and focus switches to "favorites".
  2. button "space" open "toolbars". to go back to the "view", click the keyboard button "left" focus switches to menu Edit
This is a known issue, which I forgot to include in the list. There's a bug in keyboard-based menu navigation where moving RIGHT from an open submenu does not trigger the next menu to open.
justincase

Post by justincase »

gigaherz wrote:There's a bug in keyboard-based menu navigation where moving RIGHT from an open submenu does not trigger the next menu to open.
Works for me.
N/A wrote:In Explorer: can't use the Tab key to switch between the address bar and the main window contents. Is this a missing feature or an issue?
oldman wrote:1) The image shows a blue line along the bottom, from the MWSnap entry to the clock box, with a gap in the middle.
[quote="mrugiero"It seems to be the same shade of blue in the background, and the gap is around the same size as the text in the button. I wonder if there's actually a correlation between those pairs (color of the line with the background, size of the gap with the size of the string). Could you try both with a different background and a different app, just for curiosity?[/quote]
oldman wrote:https://sites.google.com/site/em7575w/h ... kbar2a.png

It still looks blue to me!
It's not redrawing that section of the taskbar, if you put something in front of it it (e.g. a menu) then get rid of it the section of the taskbar stays whatever color was there from what was in front of it, and if you change the background color and kill explorer, then when explorer loads back up, those places stay whatever color you set the background to.
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

hi
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10972&start=270
4t Tray Minimizer
minimize to system tray is not working using the keyboard shortcut
gigaherz

Post by gigaherz »

MadWolf wrote:hi
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10972&start=270
4t Tray Minimizer
minimize to system tray is not working using the keyboard shortcut
There are known issues with the tray icons. It's already in the list.
petr-akhlamov

Post by petr-akhlamov »

justincase wrote:
petr-akhlamov wrote:1)Language switcher
I'm not sure what exactly you mean, but I suggest that you check to see if you get the same or different experience in the trunk builds, then (if different) give step by step instructions of how someone can reproduce your issue from a fresh install.
Excuse me, I did not exactly put it. I meant the Language Bar. At the moment its function performs program kbswitch.exe. At that, when it is performed, it is displayed in the system tray. In Windows, it is the function of a separate language-bar on the taskbar.

Language Bar in Windows
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

kbswitch.exe in ReactOS
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Last edited by petr-akhlamov on Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
gigaherz

Post by gigaherz »

petr-akhlamov wrote:Excuse me, I did not exactly put it. I meant the Language Bar. At the moment its function performs program kbswitch.exe. At that, when it is performed, it is displayed in the system tray. In Windows, it is the function of a separate language-bar on the taskbar.
Language Bar in Windows
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
kbswitch.exe in ReactOS
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
You did the image tags wrong. It's [ external image ]
EDIT: No wait that's wrong, it's because they aren't direct links ;P
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

@petr-akhlamov: If you see what happens on windows 2000, you can see that it indeed appears in the system tray: see [ external image ] for instance (image from http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/keyboards.gif).
oldman

Post by oldman »

by gigaherz » 27 Jun 2014 13:54
oldman wrote:* Missing entries on the Taskbar by the clock (MWSnap shows an icon there normally).
You mean a 3rd party program does not show up? Then that's a bug. The missing icons for volume and network are known and in the list.
[ external image ]

The following two images are from trunk revision 63632. If you compare them with the above image ('Shell Bringup'), you will see the differences.

[ external image ]

The MWSnap window's entry does not always show on the taskbar.

[ external image ]

The bug is in the 'Shell Bringup' and not trunk.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
gigaherz

Post by gigaherz »

oldman wrote:The MWSnap window's entry does not always show on the taskbar. [...] The bug is in the 'Shell Bringup' and not trunk.
I already know. I tried myself, and added the bug to the list, days ago.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

However, one could argue that since SX Explorer works fine on Windows, the bug must be somewhere else :mrgreen: