COMMUNITY WALLPAPER CONTEST!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Nemerian

Re: COMMUNITY WALLPAPER CONTEST!

Post by Nemerian »

Ok, call me a noob, but how do i post a thing under CC0?
Found a form, but doesnt seem to help me for what i need in this case.
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Nemerian wrote:Ok, call me a noob, but how do i post a thing under CC0?

I'm not quite understanding the question. CC0 is a form of copyright-licensing. (as described in https://creativecommons.org/licenses/ )

There doesn't need to be a formal form, just making sure the work is made by you, or you have all the copyrights (or it was based already under CC0), and you explicitly state you make it available under CC0.

What you can't do, is taking something of someone else which isn't public domain or under CC0, and then say: it's now CC0. The reason being one doesn't hold the rights to do so in the first place.

If one is the original creator and holds all the rights, one can always dual license too, ofcourse. But the point being it still has to be under cc0 as well.

It could be that GPL or CC-BY is good to go too, but I still need an answer of z98 or vic on that matter, and they didn't answer that as of yet. I would expect GPL is at least good enough, since ROS is GPL'ed as well, but one never knows...

z98? vic?
Nemerian

Post by Nemerian »

Ok, it is made by me in the local park, so it's cool.
And i waive all copyrights and related or neighboring rights that i have over it, or something.
Good enough?
henrytang5247

Post by henrytang5247 »

Webunny wrote:
Nemerian wrote:Ok, call me a noob, but how do i post a thing under CC0?

I'm not quite understanding the question. CC0 is a form of copyright-licensing. (as described in https://creativecommons.org/licenses/ )

There doesn't need to be a formal form, just making sure the work is made by you, or you have all the copyrights (or it was based already under CC0), and you explicitly state you make it available under CC0.

What you can't do, is taking something of someone else which isn't public domain or under CC0, and then say: it's now CC0. The reason being one doesn't hold the rights to do so in the first place.

If one is the original creator and holds all the rights, one can always dual license too, ofcourse. But the point being it still has to be under cc0 as well.

It could be that GPL or CC-BY is good to go too, but I still need an answer of z98 or vic on that matter, and they didn't answer that as of yet. I would expect GPL is at least good enough, since ROS is GPL'ed as well, but one never knows...

z98? vic?
Me also use this method to waive CC0 licenses...... ;)
Hi I am Henry. I often make Chinese and Malay translation and icons for ReactOS. I also a ReactOS Community Youtube Channel Manager.
[ external image ] [ external image ]
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Little update: it takes a little bit longer than anticipated, because I contacted the creator of the 'desert dark' (I like the image pretty much too :-p) to see if he would be interested in letting ROS perpetually use it for free. I'm still waiting for a reply, but if I don't hear from him by tommorow, I'll start with the voting anyway.