Blog: The Bar of the Tasks

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Z98
Release Engineer

Blog: The Bar of the Tasks

Post by Z98 »

gamax92

Re: Blog: The Bar of the Tasks

Post by gamax92 »

This is cool, its nice to see it atleast partially working on ReactOS.
Despite an entire bar missing, it just feels better that ... current explorer
Last edited by gamax92 on Sun May 18, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frontier

Post by Frontier »

I just figured out the start menu issue.
Frontier

Post by Frontier »

It's great that you're dog fooding in ROS now. I said recently that I'm confident we'll all be using explorer_new soon, it seems like there's still a fair bit to polish, but all the key functionality is there.

BTW. There's a window created by the clipboard which also needs to be filtered from the window notifications.
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Wow, a lot of progress was made now. Is this due to a re-bounce after the illness, like new inspiration after meditation? ;)

It was nice to see how/what went on. It really feels it's making considerable progress, and I love reading about these things. A pity other devs don't make a similar progress-update, or at least, not often. Speaking of which; how is it with NTVDM? I read that it was placed in trunk and such: maybe a little update would make a nice blog too?

BTW, is there anyone of the (other) devs that will help Giga with his remaining prob in the Win32K module?
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Webunny wrote:
Wow, a lot of progress was made now. Is this due to a re-bounce after the illness, like new inspiration after meditation? ;)

It was nice to see how/what went on. It really feels it's making considerable progress, and I love reading about these things. A pity other devs don't make a similar progress-update, or at least, not often. Speaking of which; how is it with NTVDM? I read that it was placed in trunk and such: maybe a little update would make a nice blog too?

BTW, is there anyone of the (other) devs that will help Giga with his remaining prob in the Win32K module?
The main difference is that Giga is hired, thanks to your donations, and hence he was asked to report once at week to show you his progress because the community demanded so.
Each dev hired will report to the community as part of his work.
We cant enforce a non hired dev to lose his free time documenting his progress instead coding.
ThFlash promised a NTVDM post however they are now fixing important stuff(while till now they were preparating OS integration). Probably during this week more info will be available.
Frontier

Post by Frontier »

Webunny wrote:BTW, is there anyone of the (other) devs that will help Giga with his remaining prob in the Win32K module?
Frontier wrote:I just figured out the start menu issue.
I'm going with yes :P
gigaherz

Post by gigaherz »

Webunny wrote:Wow, a lot of progress was made now. Is this due to a re-bounce after the illness, like new inspiration after meditation? ;)

It was nice to see how/what went on. It really feels it's making considerable progress, and I love reading about these things. [...]
It wasn't that much progress, it was simply more juicy... ;P

Other weeks the progress would have been like "I tried this, but it didn't work, I tried that, but it didn't work, I tried this other thing, but it didn't work ........." so I just compress those into "I spend countless hours trying" or similar ;P
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Frontier wrote:
Webunny wrote:BTW, is there anyone of the (other) devs that will help Giga with his remaining prob in the Win32K module?
Frontier wrote:I just figured out the start menu issue.
I'm going with yes :P
LOL. :D Ok. I didn't realise you were talking about the specific problem Gigahertz was talking about. ;)
gigaherz wrote:
Webunny wrote:Wow, a lot of progress was made now. Is this due to a re-bounce after the illness, like new inspiration after meditation? ;)

It was nice to see how/what went on. It really feels it's making considerable progress, and I love reading about these things. [...]
It wasn't that much progress, it was simply more juicy... ;P

Other weeks the progress would have been like "I tried this, but it didn't work, I tried that, but it didn't work, I tried this other thing, but it didn't work ........." so I just compress those into "I spend countless hours trying" or similar ;P
Good thinking! :twisted:
betaluva

Post by betaluva »

can someone PM a link to that iso please.