PUSH YOUR APP contest (IGG)

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Webunny

PUSH YOUR APP contest (IGG)

Post by Webunny »

Apparently I missed it the first time, but we only have until the 12th to vote for an app? I've decide to 'donate' mine. Originally, I wanted an old game to work, but I doubt it will land in the top 3 anyway, and I figured it will work sooner or later anyway, and there are mayhaps other things that are more important.

For all these reasons, I decided to give my pushing away to another app people might want to push. Since I'm open to everything, I invite people to place their preferred app here (and why it's important), and I'll vote for that one, then. Preferably one who already has (some) votes, or it's pretty much wasted again.

So everyone: feel free to post an app (and/or your agreement to it, aka, like a vote) and I'll vote for the one that has most votes, or, if equal, makes most sense (to me). Go ahead!

Edit: I've been notified there is another cast-window after the IGG project ends too, so there is no rush anymore. Still: feel free to ask me to support any app one would like to see pushed.

Black_Fox

Re: PUSH YOUR APP contest (IGG)

Post by Black_Fox »

Webunny wrote:we only have until the 12th to vote for an app?
No, this is only the early chance to do it:
email from IGG wrote:We will open a cast window after the Campaign is over

Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Black_Fox wrote:
Webunny wrote:we only have until the 12th to vote for an app?
No, this is only the early chance to do it:
email from IGG wrote:We will open a cast window after the Campaign is over
Ermm...seen your response(time), you should have seen the edit I made on the original post...

Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Sorry, I opened all "General Discussion" unread posts in tabs and went through them, so I may have taken a bit more time this once - forum warns me if there is a new post meanwhile, but it doesn't for edits.

By the way, which game did you have in mind?

Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Black_Fox wrote:Sorry, I opened all "General Discussion" unread posts in tabs and went through them, so I may have taken a bit more time this once - forum warns me if there is a new post meanwhile, but it doesn't for edits.

By the way, which game did you have in mind?
No problem.

Still, it's not because we've got a second window to vote, that one has all the time in the world left. So I'm a bit surprised none as yet did a proposal. Maybe I'm not making myself clear: people who propose a certain app in here, get my push-up vote that I paid for on IGG.

at least, the one would the most votes/posts does. If it's equal, I'll decide on the merit of it if/when the usefulness is described.

As I see it, nobody has anything to loose, and some who couldn't or wouldn't pay for a vote now get the chance. Or people who already voted for something, now have the potential for getting a vote more (you'll never know; maybe it'll turn out the decisive vote, to get into the top 3! ;) )

So, c'mon, let's see some suggestions!

justincase

RosBE

Post by justincase »

How about RosBE (the ReactOS Build Environment), because I want to be able to use ReactOS to build ReactOS.
or if RosBE on ReactOS has already been fixed since I last tried it, how about GIMP.

um also how many votes do we get?
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.

erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

How about RosBE (the ReactOS Build Environment), because I want to be able to use ReactOS to build ReactOS.
The core builds would be a better place for including RosBE along with GCC rather than RApps, so anyone will be able to rebuild its OS from source and see whether we provide the correct source code for the images.
-uses Ubuntu+GNOME 3 GNU/Linux
-likes Free (as in freedom) and Open Source Detergents
-favors open source of Windows 10 under GPL2

Black_Fox

Re: RosBE

Post by Black_Fox »

justincase wrote:um also how many votes do we get?
1 vote per each "push your app" and 5 votes per each "push your app (5x)" perk.

jonaspm

Post by jonaspm »

What about Firefox? it still supports Windows XP

Webunny

Post by Webunny »

jonaspm wrote:What about Firefox? it still supports Windows XP
Doesn't firefox already work on ROS? Sort of?

justincase

Post by justincase »

Black_Fox wrote:
Yeah, I did actually understand that.
What I meant by my question was 'How many votes does each forum member get towards deciding what Webunny votes for?'.

So ... What do you say, Webunny :?:
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.

Webunny

Post by Webunny »

justincase wrote:
Black_Fox wrote:
Yeah, I did actually understand that.
What I meant by my question was 'How many votes does each forum member get towards deciding what Webunny votes for?'.

So ... What do you say, Webunny :?:
Hmm. You mean for how many things someone here can suggest/vote for?

Well, I thought only one per person, originally, as it usually is, but seen the low response I guess I'll let everyone propose 3 things. That way, there might be a bit more overlapping, and one of those will get the most votes. It's not with a 'cumul', though, so you can't give 3 votes to the same thing. One can suggest 3 things, however.

As of yet I have:

ROSBE: 1
GIMP: 1
FireFox: 1

MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

hi
imho FireFox is not a good choice the Mozilla team have made too many dumb changes :x that make me think that they don't care about the community :x a better option is Pale Moon

4t Tray Minimizer
allSnap
Taskbar Shuffle

Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

MadWolf wrote:Mozilla team have made too many dumb changes (...) don't care about the community (...) better option is Pale Moon
Just out of interest, since you know so much about Pale Moon and Mozilla. Where do you think Pale Moon project takes their source code? :roll: Mozilla tries very hard to stay relevant for 90% of "ignorant" users while not alienating the 10% of "enlightened" users.

Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Black_Fox wrote:
MadWolf wrote:Mozilla team have made too many dumb changes (...) don't care about the community (...) better option is Pale Moon
Just out of interest, since you know so much about Pale Moon and Mozilla. Where do you think Pale Moon project takes their source code? :roll: Mozilla tries very hard to stay relevant for 90% of "ignorant" users while not alienating the 10% of "enlightened" users.
Speaking of which; I'm actually an avid browser user (well, tester), just to see the differences (or alikeness) and what they can do. I got FF, IE, chrome, Opera and Safari (for Win). I was wondering if there were any good ones left - that work well, are free to use and *are not based on other browers/code*. I put that last part there, because I know there are a lot of clones and derivatives based of FF or at least Gecko, for instance, but I had some problems with those working without interference with my normal FF. So I'm looking for another 'independent', original(ly created) browser that works well. Any still out there? I know I got the major ones, but still...

PS. with 'good working' I also mean being able to show virtually everything the Net has to offer, so text-based browsers like Lynx is a no go.
Last edited by Webunny on Sat May 17, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.