Blog: Tweaks and improvements

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

gonzoMD

Re: Blog: Tweaks and improvements

Post by gonzoMD »

rachid wrote:
PurpleGurl wrote: I thought the folder icons were lighter in color in ROS and richer in Windows. I just loaded the ColorPix utility and while it is inconclusive, they are more similar than I thought. I chalk the apparent differences up to viewing on an LED display. So graphics below your field of vision might actually appear lighter in color. Reversing the order of the images would probably have the reverse effect, with W2K3 appearing lighter. So there might not be differences at all. It is just hard to get a lock in on a gradient.

You can tell I do more graphics editing than a lot of people and that I used to do crafts. :-)
Both explorers are using the same icons!! Windows ones.
because they run on windows and fetch them from windows' shell32.dll
On ReactOS they would have no icons at all.
Sand

Post by Sand »

By the way, is it possible to make your Explorer compatible with Classic Shell? (Win XP Explorer is not)
erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

The "My Computer" thing is related to the Internet Security Zones thing of Internet Explorer, so it will most probably be missing for a long time. The addressbar is my next target (as soon as I recover from a ninja cold/flu I caught). Not sure what you mean different folder color, they look the same to me...
The "Internet" and "LAN/Intranet" zones? If so, it would be unnecessary to replicate that feature. I do not know any firewall or anything that really acts for security acting by altering the zones.
-uses Ubuntu+GNOME 3 GNU/Linux
-likes Free (as in freedom) and Open Source Detergents
-favors open source of Windows 10 under GPL2
gigaherz

Post by gigaherz »

erkinalp wrote:The "Internet" and "LAN/Intranet" zones? If so, it would be unnecessary to replicate that feature. I do not know any firewall or anything that really acts for that purpose acting by altering the zones.
Yes. If you browse to a network location, you'd get the "LAN" ("Local Intranet" or something like that) label down there.
igorko

Post by igorko »

How about merging current code to trunk? A lot of work was done and I guess users want to get in touch with it.
gigaherz

Post by gigaherz »

It will happen, in time. I want to get all the basics working right first, else instead of happy users, we'll have a lot of complaints ;P
justincase

Post by justincase »

Also it's not (usually) all that hard to build it yourself, so I think keeping it in a branch till it's ready isn't a big problem if you really want to test it now. (c'mon igorko, where's your sense of adventure? ;))

Though to be honest I do think the suggestion of getting something that adds the appearance (to people who may have no previous experience with ReactOS) of a big leap forward in functionality (e.g. shell-experiments branch) into the trunk builds before the IndieGoGo Campaign ends might help the Campaign along. (and I think the shell-experiments branch is doing pretty well as far as getting close to merge-readiness, ... not that my opinion counts for much :oops: )
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
BrentNewland

Post by BrentNewland »

gigaherz wrote:
erkinalp wrote:The "Internet" and "LAN/Intranet" zones? If so, it would be unnecessary to replicate that feature. I do not know any firewall or anything that really acts for that purpose acting by altering the zones.
Yes. If you browse to a network location, you'd get the "LAN" ("Local Intranet" or something like that) label down there.
And I would assume browsing an FTP site would show something different as well.