Wikipedia Article Update Needed

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

bernarddt

Wikipedia Article Update Needed

Post by bernarddt » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:13 am

I noticed the Wikipedia page at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactos has not been updated with the new community.reactos.org details.
I'm just putting it out there for if someone has free time and knowledge of wiki updates. This would be a non development contribution to the project.

I have 2 names in mind for this effort: @Webunny and @PurpleGurl

I'm hoping that we can update the wiki with the community.reactos.org information/news and also a bit of background on the new PR drive that @vicmarcal explained to me on the post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13145&start=30#p107806

If I find time I will also update the wiki, but maybe someone else is a better writer than me.

Thanks!

RaptorEmperor

Re: Wikipedia Article Update Needed

Post by RaptorEmperor » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:23 pm

If no one beats me to it, I'll try to find some time today to update it. I know Lone_Rifle was kinda the go-to guy a while back (he pushed it to become rated as a "good article", wound up bumping heads with him in the process, if you see this, my bad, I was a young Wikipedian then. :P) but it looks like he hasn't touched it much since then. I'll have to gather some secondary sources noting the Indie(gogo) launch, which shouldn't be too hard since the ReactOS Facebook page has been posting articles about it in every language known to man. I might have a bit more trouble finding secondary sources to note that the Kickstarter campaign failed to raise sufficient funding, unless the Kickstarter page itself is considered a good secondary source. (It would seem disjointed to mention the current Indie(gogo) campaign without explaining what happened with the Kickstarter one.)

bernarddt

Post by bernarddt » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:53 pm

RaptorEmperor wrote:(It would seem disjointed to mention the current Indie(gogo) campaign without explaining what happened with the Kickstarter one.)
Agreed!

...And suddenly I feel like I should not mess around with Wikipedia! I don't know enough about it just from reading what you just said :lol:

Thanks for offering to help! Appreciated!

RaptorEmperor

Post by RaptorEmperor » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:59 pm

...And the (English) Wikipedia page is updated! The only English secondary source I could find was an article on Softpedia, though, the ReactOS Facebook page had articles in every language except English. :P

If anyone else finds anything to add, edit on, edit on.

bernarddt

Post by bernarddt » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:15 pm

Looks great!