You now need to log into Ros

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

oldman

You now need to log into Ros

Post by oldman »

A few days ago I read in the commit logs that the log into Ros had been activated, so today I have down loaded revision 60866 and installed it (real hardware).
This is what I have found so far.
You have to log in has administrator (not admin) using the password typed in the second stage of install.
There is also a guest account, so you can log in with guest, no password needed.
I made a user account for 'oldman'.
Using the 'oldman' account, I logged in, but there was no desktop, only Explorer open in tree view.
I later (after the computer had been shutdown and booted again) logged in with the 'oldman' account and just got nothing, just the blue background; the mouse buttons did nothing, but the pointer can be moved around the screen. If you try a false account the same thing happens, blue background and nothing else, not even an error window saying account does not exist.

Happy testing.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
bernarddt

Re: You now need to log into Ros

Post by bernarddt »

Thanks for the heads up, I'm also busy installing the newest build. So will take note of my password during setup.
ekohl
Developer

Post by ekohl »

Hi oldman,

if you create a new user account and run regedit.exe, navigate to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon' and change the value 'AutoAdminLogon' to 0 (Zero), winlogon will not try to log in the administrator automatically after the next reboot. Then you should be able to successfully log in with your own account. At least that is how it worked for me.

Please note that:
- 'log off' is broken
- 'change password' is unimplemented
- all users have hard-coded access rights and privileges
- msgina and winlogon are buggy

There is still a lot to do until user accounts work smoothly.

Regards
Eric
ekohl
Developer

Post by ekohl »

bernarddt wrote:Thanks for the heads up, I'm also busy installing the newest build. So will take note of my password during setup.
If you do not enter the administrator password during setup, you will always be logged-on automatically as administrator.
bernarddt

Post by bernarddt »

ekohl wrote: If you do not enter the administrator password during setup, you will always be logged-on automatically as administrator.
Haha, ok then I misunderstood the OP :(

I can't get past the GUI setup of the "bootcd-60867-dbg" install. "Registering components" or something. But I have upgraded my VirtualBox as well, so maybe it is incompatible or there is a new bug. I first have to try a few things to see where the problem possibly lies.
oldman

Post by oldman »

I have tried today to log in without any user name or password and couldn't. So I tried with administrator and my admin password, but each time I get an error window who's title reads "ReactOS C Runtime Library" with the message " This Application has Requested the Runtime to Terminate in an unusual way". Clicking the OK button leaves me with a blank blue screen.
Alt-Ctrl-Del shows the normal multiple choice window, which says that I am logged on as Administrator.
If I restart the computer I can log in as guest ok.

ekohl
If this is of any help

Code: Select all

Boot took 22175073672 cycles!
Interrupts: 1946 System Calls: 24977 Context Switches: 2110
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/lib/lsalib/lsa.c:311) LsaRegisterLogonProcess()
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/win32ss/user/ntuser/msgqueue.c:2042) err: DereferenceObject pCursor
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/base/services/wlansvc/wlansvc.c:143) wlansvc: main() started
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/base/services/wlansvc/wlansvc.c:94) ServiceMain() called
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/base/services/wlansvc/wlansvc.c:128) ServiceMain() done
fixme:rpc:RpcMgmtSetServerStackSize (0x1000): stub
[SVCHOST] 120.12c: GetProcAddress (SvchostPushServiceGlobals) failed on DLL c:\reactos\system32\dhcpcsvc.dll.  Error 127.
Boot took 22670898409 cycles!
Interrupts: 1995 System Calls: 27034 Context Switches: 2444
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/base/services/umpnpmgr/umpnpmgr.c:3220) Removal pending: ACPI\PNP0501\0
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/base/services/umpnpmgr/umpnpmgr.c:3216) Removal vetoed: ACPI\PNP0501\0
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/lib/lsalib/lsa.c:39) LsaDeregisterLogonProcess()
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/lib/lsalib/lsa.c:63) LsaDeregisterLogonProcess() done (Status 0x00000000)
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/lib/lsalib/lsa.c:311) LsaRegisterLogonProcess()
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/lib/lsalib/lsa.c:39) LsaDeregisterLogonProcess()
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/lib/lsalib/lsa.c:63) LsaDeregisterLogonProcess() done (Status 0x00000000)
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/dll/win32/userenv/profile.c:842) Error: 2
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/dll/win32/userenv/environment.c:88) GetShortPathNameW() failed for %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp (Error 3)
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/dll/win32/userenv/environment.c:88) GetShortPathNameW() failed for %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp (Error 3)
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/dll/win32/kernel32/client/proc.c:4037) Current directory: C:\ReactOS
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/win32ss/user/ntuser/desktop.c:1945) err: Attempted to change thread desktop although the thread has windows!
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/ntoskrnl/se/semgr.c:644) HACK: Should deny access for caller: granted 0x0, desired 0x100000 (generic mapping B1280378).
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/lib/rtl/actctx.c:955) Unsupported yet language attribute (*)
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/ntoskrnl/se/semgr.c:644) HACK: Should deny access for caller: granted 0x100089, desired 0x10019b (generic mapping 80970900).
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/base/services/umpnpmgr/umpnpmgr.c:2854) Installing: ACPI\ACPI_PWR\0
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/base/services/umpnpmgr/umpnpmgr.c:2893) CreateProcessAsUserW failed with error 1375
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/base/services/umpnpmgr/umpnpmgr.c:2963) Success? 0
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/base/services/umpnpmgr/umpnpmgr.c:2854) Installing: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00DF&SUBSYS_0C1110DE&REV_A2\3&609b8881&05
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/base/services/umpnpmgr/umpnpmgr.c:2893) CreateProcessAsUserW failed with error 1375
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/base/services/umpnpmgr/umpnpmgr.c:2963) Success? 0
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/base/services/umpnpmgr/umpnpmgr.c:2854) Installing: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00EA&SUBSYS_0C1110DE&REV_A1\3&609b8881&06
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/base/services/umpnpmgr/umpnpmgr.c:2854) Installing: PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3044&SUBSYS_30441106&REV_80\4&2fd0daa8&06
unknown Exception: 0x80004005
Context: WinMain()
Location: /srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/base/shell/explorer/utility/shellclasses.h:986
Context Trace:
- WinMain()

unknown Exception: 0x8000FFFF
Context: ShellFolder::ShellFolder()
Location: /srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/base/shell/explorer/utility/shellclasses.cpp:269
Context Trace:
- ShellFolder::ShellFolder()
- CommonDesktop::init()
- WinMain()

WARNING:  MmLockPageableDataSection at /srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/ntoskrnl/mm/ARM3/drvmgmt.c:62 is UNIMPLEMENTED!
WARNING:  MmUnlockPageableImageSection at /srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/ntoskrnl/mm/ARM3/drvmgmt.c:39 is UNIMPLEMENTED!
[7h
Entered debugger on embedded INT3 at 0x0008:0x8094cd56.
kdb:> bt
Eip:
<NTOSKRNL.EXE:14cd57 (:0 (DbgBreakPoint))>
Frames:
<NTOSKRNL.EXE:13069b (include/crt/mingw32/intrin_x86.h:101 (KiInterruptDispatch))>
<NTOSKRNL.EXE:130a80 (ntoskrnl/ke/i386/irqobj.c:313 (KiInterruptTemplateHandler))>
<NTOSKRNL.EXE:1cac43 (:0 (P0BootStackData))>
<HAL.DLL:a9c1 (hal/halx86/up/processor.c:61 (HalProcessorIdle))>
<NTOSKRNL.EXE:10cc90 (ntoskrnl/po/power.c:373 (PopIdle0))>
<NTOSKRNL.EXE:132a0f (ntoskrnl/ke/i386/thrdini.c:323 (KiIdleLoop))>
<NTOSKRNL.EXE:131b0b (ntoskrnl/ke/i386/kiinit.c:679 (KiSystemStartupBootStack))>
<0000000e>
Couldn't access memory at 0x00097B20!
kdb:> cont
(/srv/buildbot_cmake/full_cmake/build/win32ss/user/ntuser/msgqueue.c:2042) err: DereferenceObject pCursor
I have cut what I think is the relevant part of the debug log. After I typed 'cont' I closed the error window.

I have been unable to change the value of the administrator account, possibly because I can now only log in as guest, though I have not tried today, to log in with the new user account, that I created yesterday.
bernarddt

Post by bernarddt »

bernarddt wrote:I can't get past the GUI setup of the "bootcd-60867-dbg" install. "Registering components" or something. But I have upgraded my VirtualBox as well, so maybe it is incompatible or there is a new bug. I first have to try a few things to see where the problem possibly lies.
Just an update their is a bug report on JIRA that already listed the problem: http://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-7013 In short, just don't open the regional dialog and it will install fine.
oldman

Post by oldman »

I have re-installed Ros (60866) and I could log in as administrator with the password entered in second stage setup, as before, but I have found that after a reboot or fresh start up, the same error window appears as reported in my second post above.
So it was nothing to do with trying to log in without entering a user name and password.