Can you fix the Blue Screen Of Death??/

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

thegreatstudio

Can you fix the Blue Screen Of Death??/

Post by thegreatstudio »

ReactOS has many bluescreen of death on my laptop!! I need Help !! What will I doo?? and ReatOS wont start anymore! I need help!
Filipino Translator of ReactOS
Owner/CEO/Developer of Armian OS
My Website -----> Armian OS Website

jonaspm

Re: Can you fix the Blue Screen Of Death??/

Post by jonaspm »

ReactOS is not stable enough, so bsod are expected, but dont worry! New versios fix many bugs and get rid of some bsod

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

If you dont provide and Debug Information about the BSODs, noone will be able to help you at all....
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

kingnothing

Post by kingnothing »

well this scenario happened with me on my old laptop
when i was installing it for the first time i left the vga option as it was ( i guess 800 * 600 16bit) ( here i was still installing the os where you reach a page to choose resolution keyboard type and one more thing i cannot remember )
but then then os gave screen of death and i was not able to by pass the BSOD and the os never booted ...... anyway the BSOD gave an error related to resolution
so i reinstalled it and changed the resolution option to vga 480 * 320 4bit
well the os booted and some how worked
so please what kind of BSOD did you have can you post a pic of the BSOD
sorry for boring you all who read it lulz

milon

Post by milon »

Deep breaths, thegreatstudio, it'll be okay. Also, 1 thread is enough.
thegreatstudio wrote:ReactOS has many bluescreen of death on my laptop!! I need Help !! What will I doo?? and ReatOS wont start anymore! I need help!
"ReactOS has many bluescreen of death on my laptop!!" -> Considering that this is an alpha operating system, this should be expected and not surprising.

"ReatOS wont start anymore!" -> So it used to start up. What did you do to break it? Did you maybe install something that didn't agree with ReactOS? Try to recreate the problem. Yes, that means you'll have to reinstall ReactOS and try again. If you can recreate the problem, let us know. If not, then it's been solved. Either way, it's progress! :D

Zc456

Post by Zc456 »

At this stage, BSODs are to be expected. They'll always be there, like kernel panics, but will probably come down as bug reports continue to come in.
Stay frosty, Squeaks.