[Official]Testing request to the ReactOS Community

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Black_Fox

Re: [Official]Testing request to the ReactOS Community

Post by Black_Fox »

milon wrote:Is there a better place to not regressions? (I'm asking anyone who actually knows.)
After vicmarcal's response below your comment it actually is that I missed the regressions table and therefore don't know :D But I wrote it to the column to the right (Tested in <revision>: Installs. Application fails to start with the error).

oswetto

Post by oswetto »

DosBox 0.72 work.

milon

Post by milon »

milon wrote:Well, so there is. :oops:
Anyway, the Flash Player update was done back in November 2011, and it only a change to the description of the failure. It seems we haven't ever had a working revision for Flash Player in Testing Central's Golden Apps.

EDIT - In my testing, I've noticed that sometimes the window on top (the one I'm working with) isn't colored as the Active window. Also, I had Task Manager running with Always On Top checked, and when a new window opened, it covered Task Manager. I searched "active focus window" in Jira, without quotes, for CORE bugs that are Open, In Progress, or Reopened, and I didn't find anything related. Is anyone else seeing this behavior? It's not consistent, but only happens occasionally.

EDIT 2 - After testing various browsers and plugins, the system locked up. I rebooted it (VBox) and mouse integration no longer worked. Weird. Anyone ever experience this?
Bizzare. After more tests and crashes and reboots, mouse integration was working again and Active window & window layering were all properly working again. Has anyone encountered this in ReactOS?

mrugiero

Post by mrugiero »

I was wondering, the automated tests framework that was in progress (the ona that tested programs), does work using a VM?
I was thinking, it doesn't recollect graphic glitches, but if they are present, a screenshot from the host OS should show them, and one from the VM should show if it's related to video output or to the actual rendering (I may be wrong, this is just a dirty assumption of how it works). Couldn't it be scripted into it to take a screenshot after actions like resizing and restoring and such, to have some of this to check from the automated runs (thus, making easier to report these without actually having to install, through, for example, an automated upload of the images to a wiki and users checking those images)?

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

mrugiero wrote:I was wondering, the automated tests framework that was in progress (the ona that tested programs), does work using a VM?
I was thinking, it doesn't recollect graphic glitches, but if they are present, a screenshot from the host OS should show them, and one from the VM should show if it's related to video output or to the actual rendering (I may be wrong, this is just a dirty assumption of how it works). Couldn't it be scripted into it to take a screenshot after actions like resizing and restoring and such, to have some of this to check from the automated runs (thus, making easier to report these without actually having to install, through, for example, an automated upload of the images to a wiki and users checking those images)?
The script does screenshots when the test hangs or crashes. That way we can detect what was happening at that time. But relying in the screenshots is not the best way to test ReactOS ;)

hto
Developer

Post by hto »

But relying in the screenshots is not the best way to test ReactOS ;)
I think it could help to detect some graphical bugs.

oswetto

Post by oswetto »

- UniversalViewer work
- AbiWord work
- Filzip work but there is memory exception(see http://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-7021)

mrugiero

Re:

Post by mrugiero »

hto wrote:
That's what I meant.

vicmarcal
Test Team

Re:

Post by vicmarcal »

hto wrote:
I would rely in testers to detect and report those bugs...
But anything to improve Reactos is fine for me :)

mrugiero

Re: Re:

Post by mrugiero »

vicmarcal wrote:
hto wrote:
I would rely in testers to detect and report those bugs...
But anything to improve Reactos is fine for me :)
Of course testers should report it (making an image processing software is not only very hard, but overkill IMO), but why lose time in running again the exact same app an automated framework ran just to check for the grapich glitches, when you can check them out as a result of the other run, and try different apps while testing manually.

milon

Post by milon »

oswetto wrote:DosBox 0.72 work.
- UniversalViewer work
- AbiWord work
- Filzip work but there is memory exception(see http://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-7021)
Hey oswetto, would you update the Testing Central page? You can login with your forum account, and update the Last Working Revision column. You can update the Filzip status to indicate that it crashes.

oswetto

Post by oswetto »

done :)

milon

Post by milon »

Sweet! There's only Samba-TNG and SciTE left!

oswetto

Post by oswetto »

Scite177 work, I can not test samba because I do not know how to install it.

Aeneas

Post by Aeneas »

This Samba-TNG thing looks a bit "linux only"... Is there anywhere a windows version?

Edit: Yupp, at least smbclient seems to work. I assume you mean: http://download.samba-tng.org/tng/snapshot/win32/