but not w/o explorer_new, full theming support, graphic glitch fixes etc. because the wiki says it will be an overall look and feel release?
I think a new minor point release may contain some significant changes but can be a little unstable though, because for the further fixes, there are the 0.4.x releases.
Imho, we are expecting too much from a 0.4.0 release. I mean: If we want 0.4.0 to have USB, full theming,csrss,login features, explorer-new, complete MM, etc...what do we expect to release on 0.5.0(the first Beta release)?It's like if we want to release everything on 0.4.0...without thinking that there is 0.5.0, 0.6.0, 0.7.0, 0.8.0, 0.9.0 and 1.0 and its subseries to completness..
It's time to move from 0.3.0 series once and for all!!!
Which are my arguments about moving from 0.3.0 to 0.4.0?
My main argument: A software product must move towards a new decimal version (0.2->0.3 or 0.3->0.4) when a major functionality is added. 0.3.14 means that in terms of functionality and features, 0.3.14 behaves similar to 0.3.0 series.But this isn't true at all:
1) 0.3.0 didnt have any sound support.
2) 0.3.0 didnt have any usb support.
3) 0.3.0 didnt have any sata support.
4) 0.3.0 didnt have any network cards support.
5) 0.3.0 didnt have a good video cards support.
6) 0.3.0 didnt even support VBOX!!! (download ReactOS 0.3.0, you'll see that you can't install it in VirtualBox)
7) 0.3.0 software compatibility sucks. This is related not just to our own compatibility development but also to Wine's improvements in 10 years.
For me just the addition of USB, or SATA or Sound or VBOX support should have rised our number from 0.3.0 to 0.4.0.
But if anyone has doubts about how 0.3.0 sucks compared to 0.3.14 he can just download it and try any of the GoldenApps from Testing Central there. Just 3 were working from 30.
Why am I so stubborn about moving once and for all towards 0.4.0?
Because from the PR point of view, the 0.3.X series is unfair related to our current status and because we can't live forever in the 0.3.X world unless we are expecting to jump from 0.3.0 to 1.0