7-Zip Installer error?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

milon

7-Zip Installer error?

Post by milon »

When I install 7-Zip 9.20 on ReactOS 58206, registry entry Path in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\7-Zip is:
C:\Program Files\7-Zip

When I install 7-ZIp 9.20 on Win7 x64, registry entry Path in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\7-Zip is:
C:\Program Files\7-Zip\

The difference is a trailing backslash. Is this expected behavior? Is this an error? How would one confirm that?

oswetto

Re: 7-Zip Installer error?

Post by oswetto »

milon

Post by milon »

I had a look at the bug you linked, oswetto. That's a failure of WinRar 4.0.1 to install. I read through all the comments and nothing talks about trailing backslashes or registry entries. This issue that I've discovered may be normal behavior or it may be an error of either 7-Zip or ReactOS to properly add a trailing backslash to the registry entry. I don't see the connection between my discovery and bug CORE-5696. Can you explain?

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

An interesting minor difference.

On Windows XP 32-bit, it is set to C:\Program Files\7-Zip There is no ending backslash.

So it might be Windows 7 doing something different, or it might be that the 7-zip setup did something different based on the way it was installed.

I think with the way it is used here that the trailing backslash is probably optional.

milon

Post by milon »

Interesting. Good to know that it's not ReactOS's fault then. Thanks!