New website - state of affairs

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

wildschwein

New website - state of affairs

Post by wildschwein »

EDITED: Use this http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11675 topic instead please!

hey website developers,

me - and i guess a lot of other ros fans - would like to know the state of affairs concerning new website.

Where are the critical issues ?

What is already successfully done ?

Pleeeeeeease, provide some info, we are so thirsty, because new website will be and important milestone for a new and more efficient collaboration (we hope so :-) )

fireball
Developer

Re: New website - state of affairs

Post by fireball »

Bugzilla -> JIRA migration done, now CMS migration from RosCMS to, presumably, Typo3 is in progress.
Aleksey Bragin,
ReactOS Project Lead

hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

wildschwein

Post by wildschwein »

This link leads to the test of the new website

http://static.54.22.63.178.clients.your-server.de/

wildschwein

Post by wildschwein »

WOW ! just played around with the new test website. Things are really going on ! A lot of menu items already work, only content is blank at the moment.

Perhaps we get another "christmass present"....

DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy »

That's a nice, clean interface. I like it.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free DOS, Windows and OS/2 games at RGB Classic Games.

livestrong2109

Post by livestrong2109 »

Wow that is clean and the scrolling homepage is a nice touch. It's simple clean, and effective. Also good call on using both Typo and jquery. My only word of advice is to load jquery from the Google CDN.

Please load this up ASAP... It looks and functions 10x better than the current site, and could the project a major boost.
Wesley Howard
ROS Contributor - Web Developer

fred02

Post by fred02 »

Looks clean.
Just the orange background on "News | Latest Commits" seems odd on an otherwise blue-green colour scheme.

A quick check with different browsers shows that IE 8 seems heavily broken: top menu vertical instead of horizontal, no logo/background, scrolling down moves everything, save left menu which is centred on the left.
FF17, Iron 23 and Opera 12.11 seems fine, except for search field and language selection drop box that are below the top menu, and thus overlap on the scrolling part of the page. But may be it is on purpose? Also the language drop box is larger vertically than the search box and slightly overlaps with the top menu bar.

Tested on XPsp3.

Pesho

Post by Pesho »

The new design looks like it's going nicely - the search bar is fixed, new button design etc... Only thing that strikes me as missing is the screenshot slideshow on the top right corner, and maybe that there is too much space between the download/donate/compatibility buttons. Any estimated release date? From a first glance it looks like it's nearing completion.

gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

nice, but the Headers (like "Get in Touch") look broken up on the right side. I don't know if this is correct or not, you may take a look at.