Website Revamp: Your feedback is very needed !

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Dave3434

Re: Website Revamp: Your feedback is very needed !

Post by Dave3434 »

Removed for violation of rule #1.
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

and just to make this clear so people don't take this the wrong way yes i complain about the new and i got over it, now i'm just reporting about a few bugs since this topic is about giving feedback about the site so why? and why do i feel my first amendment right is disregarded here? :?: :|
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

First, the server is hosted in Europe. Second, the first amendment guarantees a right to freedom of speech, but other people saying they do not want to listen to you does not in any way infringe upon that right. Third, as a forum operated by a private project, we have the final say on what we allow to be discussed here, as while the forum is "open" to the public, the right to participate is conditional on adherence to our rules, a limitation on the first amendment that has been clearly established in case law. Fourth, we have in no way censored or removed any of your posts thus far, and even if we did it would still not be an infringement of your first amendment rights even ignoring the fact that the server is outside of US jurisdiction due to #3. Finally, your "report" gives us no information about why you weren't able to reach the forum, though all indications are it was user error since there was a broken link on the community page (the only broken link for that matter, since there are at least three ways of getting to the forum), and even that is inferred because other people reported that issue elsewhere. If you want to report an issue, you need to be able to tell us how to reproduce the issue. If you cannot and we cannot determine any issues being present, the report will be dismissed.
Pesho

Post by Pesho »

That's pretty much what i meant - "the site is full of bugs, i hate it" doesn't help. You need to report issues in a clear manner so that the site maintainers can do something about it. Are you still having problems logging in, or "BSODs"?

By the way, are there any plans to bring back the "donation meter" and commit log?
fireball
Developer

Post by fireball »

Let's stay calm. We all are working one way or another to make our common dream - ReactOS - come true. Mutual agression is the least helpful way to get things done, so let's really avoid that.
Aleksey Bragin,
ReactOS Project Lead
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

well i'm not having issues now but if i come across an issue i will report it. sorry but i didn't write it down before since i thought someone would report it. my fault, anyway i see this topic is getting off track so i;ll leave it at that.
Harteex

Post by Harteex »

I would suggest to show english content on localized pages where no localization is available. Entering a translated version of the site and there are no news and no newsletters... that ruins the whole translation, because then you must use english anyway.
milon

Post by milon »

Harteex wrote:I would suggest to show english content on localized pages where no localization is available. Entering a translated version of the site and there are no news and no newsletters... that ruins the whole translation, because then you must use english anyway.
Or maybe use English text with the option to run it through Google Translate or something.
mrugiero

Post by mrugiero »

The page for the intelectual property policy is broken.
Also, is there a page for coding style guidelines?
EDIT: Already foung it, but I think it should be in the development page.
http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/Coding_Style
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

This started happening today.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/posting.php on line 21: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/posting.php on line 23: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1776: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1824: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1042: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1048: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool
When creating a reply, the first two warnings appear. When Preview is clicked, the set mentioned above shows up. Clicking Submit adds another two warnings:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_posting.php on line 2520: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/search/fulltext_mysql.php on line 22: include_once(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Black_Fox wrote:This started happening today.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/posting.php on line 21: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/posting.php on line 23: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1776: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1824: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1042: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1048: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool
When creating a reply, the first two warnings appear. When Preview is clicked, the set mentioned above shows up. Clicking Submit adds another two warnings:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_posting.php on line 2520: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/search/fulltext_mysql.php on line 22: include_once(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
Fireball and Pschweitzer have been informed about the issue this morning. :) Thanks :)
Aeneas

Post by Aeneas »

Hey, I just got an error message as I reloaded the German ReactOS page (without doing anything else):

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 553: include_once(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.

This was on a white line above the page and everything else was working normally, including my navigating to here.
milon

Post by milon »

I just got similar errors when writing posts. Everything still seems to work, but there's error messages at the top of the page, above the ROS logo. This does not seem to happen on navigation - only on new/edit posts.
Quote Button and Edit Button wrote:[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/posting.php on line 21: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
Preview Button wrote:[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/posting.php on line 21: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1048: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
Submit Button wrote:[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/posting.php on line 21: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1048: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_posting.php on line 1193: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
Linuxgamer94

Post by Linuxgamer94 »

The only isue is that the compatability database does not work anymore.
Ne0

Post by Ne0 »

Needs a registration link from the forum to http://www.reactos.org/user/register.