Website Revamp: Your feedback is very needed !

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

TiKu

Re: Website Revamp: Your feedback is very needed !

Post by TiKu »

Every few clicks I get a "blue screen". Not a real one, but a blue screen of the website that probably wants to tell me that something went wrong.
Strange thing is that I get this even when browsing the mailing list archive.
fireball
Developer

Post by fireball »

TiKu wrote:Every few clicks I get a "blue screen". Not a real one, but a blue screen of the website that probably wants to tell me that something went wrong.
Strange thing is that I get this even when browsing the mailing list archive.
Yes, our web team is actively fixing those issues. Also, mailing list archive did not get moved, Pierre would fix this soon hopefully.
Aleksey Bragin,
ReactOS Project Lead
PascalDragon

Post by PascalDragon »

1. Congratulation for switching the new website live :)

2. Just in case no one noticed: the news entries and the newsletters aren't up to date (news entry is "meeting minutes november" instead of "meeting minutes january" and newsletter is #88 instead of AFAIR #93)

Regards,
Sven
Free Pascal compiler developer
Heis Spiter

Post by Heis Spiter »

TiKu wrote:Strange thing is that I get this even when browsing the mailing list archive.
This is now fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Pierre Schweitzer (aka Heis Spiter)
ReactOS kernel developer.
ReactOS systems administrator.
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

the site looks aweful i can't beleave this! the first time i try to login i get the bsod wtf?? :x
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

The thing with November Meeting Minutes is that it's Spanish translation that elhoir completed today (as can be seen after clicking through). I think it should not appear on the home page if it's in different than the selected language.

EDIT: some changes I noticed, just in case they escaped your attention:
- "testman" now works, thank you!
- CompatDB does not exist (I found link to "reactos.org/compat" somewhere, the wiki homepage links to "reactos.org/support", neither works)
- "doxygen" is now broken completely
- in "wiki" the ROS logo now shows, thank you!
- wiki doesn't show me as logged in even though the rest of the page does
- mailing lists are integrated and now work, thank you!

@Dave3434
I'm glad you began to use punctuation marks, it's easier to read your posts now. But please, try to give constructive criticism (it's a bug report after all).
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Displaying news and newsletters in user's language should now be fixed.
cuppm

Post by cuppm »

PascalDragon wrote: 2. Just in case no one noticed: the news entries and the newsletters aren't up to date (news entry is "meeting minutes november" instead of "meeting minutes january" and newsletter is #88 instead of AFAIR #93)
I noticed. I saw an old newsletter displayed when I first went to the site, but when I logged in it was the newest one. Maybe there's a permissions issue with the newsletter entries set to require a logged in user?
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Z98 wrote:Displaying news and newsletters in user's language should now be fixed.
They are, thanks!

I haven't got any BSOD while logging in to the forums, only this error: "Deprecated function: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in phpbb_captcha_factory::get_instance() (line 36 of http://reactos.org/forum/includes/captc ... actory.php).", and that was a red box next to the green box "Authenticated via phpBB bridge", so no big deal. I use Chrome, Win7/Ubuntu 12.04, if that helps.

Some new thoughts:
- It seems that forum login times out earlier than the ROS/Drupal login, because I was logged in portal as such, but was logged out of forums, unable to log back in.
- I'd opt to have the search box (in upper-right corner as of now) moved just under the main forum bar (as shown on http://imgur.com/XB1gUOw). It would help with large unused space when browsing forums.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

All newsletters and news items need to be reimported. I was actually expecting to have another week to sort out that before the site went live.
livestrong2109

Post by livestrong2109 »

YES..! The somewhat amusing 504 bluescreen error is very much happening. Also can you please add responsive theming and font sizes. This is killing me on a retina macbook.
Wesley Howard
ROS Contributor - Web Developer
rosfanatic

Post by rosfanatic »

Checked out a bunch of the site and everything looks good/works well so far. Congrats on the work guys!
.NET MVC web project- subdomain custom mapping, ie: bank of america and chase bank locations and now an ASP.Net Core based pokemon app at pokefind
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

thanks black fox :D
fulea.stefan

Post by fulea.stefan »

Z98 wrote:All newsletters and news items need to be reimported. I was actually expecting to have another week to sort out that before the site went live.
The date at which the last newsletter article was issued needs to be fixed. I don't keep track of the newsletter numbers and that "old news" displayed on the frontpage almost made me think you've written something new lately. And ahmm... I wasn't the only one - someone even thanked you for your diligence!
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

I thanked for something else if that was about me :) Old reactos.org indicates that newsletter #93 is the newest and I'm not completely sure even about that.