Old bootcd ISO files

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Haos
Test Team

Old bootcd ISO files

Post by Haos » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:25 pm

Some time ago, due to lack of space on ROS servers, a large number of old ISO files for prebuilt revisions had to be deleted. I was only able to pull a limited number of them. Right now, while hunting a regression in late rev 3xxxx, i`m heavily limited due to lack of ISOs. For a long-term plan, i intend to add a legacy builder, containing all the previous, rbuild-based Build environments, allowing me to build some really old revs. Right now i need to ask for your assistance.

If you have any older, OFFICIAL Bootcd ISO files, of revision earlier than 44000, please let me know, be it on irc or by forum PM. We need to compare the revisions first, to avoid duplicates, then i`ll pull them from you onto my server, which will effectively allow our Team to use them if needed.

Thanks in advance.

SomeGuy

Re: Old bootcd ISO files

Post by SomeGuy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:48 pm

I was actually wondering about that myself. I'm kind of kicking myself for not keeping older ones around now.

Thankfully because of the hard work that went in to creating self contained installable baseline RosBEs it is actually possible to go back and build the older versions.

BTW, I noticed the older RosBEs appear to need a newer SVN client to get the source.

Z98
Release Engineer

Re: Old bootcd ISO files

Post by Z98 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:53 am

We updated the SVN server, which turns out is not backwards compatible with older clients. The majority of the devs don't really need the built in SVN clients that come with the BE though, so it was never considered a major issue. It's fairly straightforward to check out the source separately and then point the BE at the src directory.