What draws people to Reactos?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Blackcrack

Re: What draws people to Reactos?

Post by Blackcrack » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:50 pm

Haos wrote:You have presented quite an accusation. I hope you also know words like "libel" and "personal legal responsibility". It would be better if you'd just delete that post instead of spreading baseless accusations.
huhh want you make me now scare ? tell, why did you mean this ?
and 2nd i did delete my postings and what want be result ?
a warning to be kick it out .. i have wrote only what
i have know over the the Years, so what named experience.
if you have it not, if is not got it, I find it unfortunate.
Do you want me accuse ? Tell me the opposite !
Take a lawyer and sue me and kill my live .. if you take some words in
you mouth here in the Reactos Forum !
You be not good, to try ever undermine me .. and if i am out of the forum, who it is then ?
I do not find really nice from you Haos. You be the one who be every against me..
This should see slowly the others too..
in peace .. Blacky

DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Where can I buy the Blackcrack translator that Haos and other people are using? I don't see how anyone could decipher his accusations to sue him for them.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free DOS, Windows and OS/2 games at RGB Classic Games.

Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:07 pm

DOSGuy wrote:Where can I buy the Blackcrack translator that Haos and other people are using? I don't see how anyone could decipher his accusations to sue him for them.
*g* it cost too much , there for let us go back to the topic.. :D

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:22 pm

Blackcrack wrote:huhh want you make me now scare ? tell, why did you mean this ?
and 2nd i did delete my postings and what want be result ?
No. I simply informed you that if you call some person or entity a thief, you have to be prepared that they might not really like it. Law names it as libel when written, slander when spoken and you might get into legal problems with that. This is, of course, only your responsibility, but i would not see this project dragged into such affair, because you wanted to vent out.

I never said that I would be the one to accuse you. If you have problems with communication using english, you should refrain yourself to german board only. Reading and understanding your posts is hard enough, i dont want to explain things that i stated clearly already.

Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Haos wrote: No. I simply informed you that if you call some person or entity a thief, you have to be prepared that they might not really like it. Law names it as libel when written, slander when spoken and you might get into legal problems with that. This is, of course, only your responsibility, but i would not see this project dragged into such affair, because you wanted to vent out.

I never said that I would be the one to accuse you. If you have problems with communication using english, you should refrain yourself to german board only. Reading and understanding your posts is hard enough, i dont want to explain things that i stated clearly already.
What take you're out , a human not to let his free opinion and not to
let him in peace and ever stay in the way, not i am behind you,
you fellow me ! this named stalking.. your' the last/worst.. Haos.... imho..
And you in the Team of Reactos ?? uff...

please peoples, let us go back to the topic again please..

Pesho

Post by Pesho » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:47 am

If there's one thing that repulses me from any Open-Source project, it's the sort of fanatic behavior exhibited by some community members like what Blackcrack is demonstrating here. The mangled english doesn't help either ;)

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:50 am

Blackcrack wrote:What take you're out , a human not to let his free opinion and not to
Since you still dont understand. You are free to voice out your opinion. You are also solely responsible for opinions you are voicing out. Legally, as well.

Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:56 am

Haos wrote:
Blackcrack wrote:What take you're out , a human not to let his free opinion and not to
Since you still dont understand. You are free to voice out your opinion. You are also solely responsible for opinions you are voicing out. Legally, as well.

1. Not on topic
2. Stalking !
3. not let in peace !
and you want be an Teammember ? You make the Team bad.

please back to topic .. again ..

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:12 pm

I really Start to dislike your back to topic blabla ans harsh tone. Talking about free speech ans attacking any opinion besides yours does not fit well together...
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:22 pm

EmuandCo, this is not the topic, i PM you.. may by much better as here talk every offtopic.

Aeneas

Post by Aeneas » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:39 am

As to my view, I concur with Pesho above: It is interesting, because it is NOT LINUX. I actually LIKE Linux and use it, but all has become very... monotonous.

From all the "free OSes", we basically have:

Haiku: ... possible alternative as "interesting". Alpha 4 is allegedly to come out soon.
Linux, BSD, Syllable, Plan 9 & friends: all very unixoid in one way or the other. "Been there, done that."
AROS: If they just could get an office suite, they would be interesting, too! But they do not have it, so...
FreeDOS: A very nice beast and recently it seriously helped me out when I needed to update the BIOS on one machine. A toy, unfortunately, with all that 640K thingy and no "normal" multi-tasking...
eComstation, TSX-32 and other "freaky stuff": "Proprietary death, here I come!" - Definitely NOT.
KolibriOS, OZONE, etc.: "Open source death, here I come!" - Definitely NOT, though fun to play around with KolibriOS; but requiring too much RAM, it is useless...
OsFree, FreeVMS & friends: ReactOS is actually USEABLE, compared to ReactOS these totally lose out! I am particularly disappointed about FreeVMS...
SIMH: They have really COOL OSes! They are all "dead for decades", but now I kind of see how Unix got its name... revolutionary concepts, like a "nowadays normal" directory tree, coupled with total user-unfriendliness... RSX & TOPS-20 all have some kind of help system that IS actually helpful...

What I am dreaming of is to be able to install ReactOS with an SSH server in a virtual machine and use it from the command line, as if Windows were a 70s OS. :) I did that for fun with XP, it is working very nicely, even if it is not multiuser...

ReactOS will never be able to "replace" Windows, but it would be sufficient if it would ... simply EXIST in a "useable form". Which means you must be able to print and use USB, SATA etc. without much hassle... :roll: ReactOS has here the advantage over Windows that you do not have to "create an office suite", "create PDF readers" etc. - but you can actually PICK the stuff that already has been MADE. ReactOS is a bit like the GNU HURD issue, though progressing much better than them - the utilities already EXIST, just the OS is missing (if we exclude MS).

And let me tell you - all those myths how "someone is going to trash Windows" are UTTER NONSENSE. As I once read a presentation about why to keep an ancient system alive: "Is it really a good idea to replace an OS that provides services which come with a 12 inch thick contract attached?" There are A LOT of such services which use genuine Windows...

DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:40 pm

eComStation isn't free!
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free DOS, Windows and OS/2 games at RGB Classic Games.