Haos wrote:That's hardly a kind of activity Feedback subforum is seeing.
* Since I cannot see any Twitter button on ReactOS' main page or "ReactOS Fundraising Campaign 2012"
* And I couldn't find the reason why official ReactOS team didn't make use of Twitter for their fundraising campaign.
* And I don't see any indication of ReactOS team trying to explore the use of Twitter for their fundraising campaign.
I then unofficially wanted to start a thread about it to explore its potential and see how much we can squeeze out of it before deeming Twitter as a useless tool for the fundraiser campaign.
Where is the official Twitter account?
But if every new member that joins ReactOS forum have to go through 49 different threads before they get to the 50th thread that I created in July 11th.
View forum - General Discussion
Then that will take a looooong time before a potential Twitter specialist can chip in with their knowledge and tell us how we can make use of Twitter the best way for the fundraising campaign. The same goes for Feedback sub-forum, there's too much of everything else going on, so how will that potential Twitter specialist be able to see that we need their help. They will be to busy reading through all the other 50 threads on General Discussion before they find the time to get to Feedback sub-forum.
I have a short attention span I don't spend my free time going through 50 threads for fun. At most I check out 10 threads then I go back to my daily life. I would think most people who are new to ReactOS also have a short attention span like that.
Haos wrote:How do you intend to keep control and limit the amount of activity on such low level though?
I'm not sure I fully understand this question. But I would say it's the same as my previous response to Z98.
"Like a hierarchy based Workshop area:
This request is declined, for two reasons. First, creation of such a subform would be an explicit endorsement of the subforum, which means that it is no longer unofficial.
I can understand and accept that reason. But what if we could name it to something else? Like a hierarchy based Workshop area:
Stage-1: Workshops (Alpha) forum
- For startup ideas, brainstorming feedback and suggestions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workshop
Stage-2: Workshops (Beta) forum
- For more mature ideas that requires more focus and less noise from everything else going on.
Stage-3: Workshops Presentation forum
- For presenting the matured ideas and plans to the ReactOS PR team and ReactOS Coredev team.
Stage-4: Workshops Task force forum
- Where only a select few ideas can live and work in peace away from all that noise. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Task_force
Special people needs a quiet place to grow their ideas and plans, nothing productive can be achieved in a noisy environment.