php?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

dark

php?

Post by dark » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:06 am

does anyone know if the php default installer would work on ros , along with an http server,and anything else i'm unaware of that i would need.

(i'm trying to learn php, and only have one computer to do it on. If it doesn't does anyone know a linux distro under 100MB that wouldn't require learning a lot of terminal commands, the computer in question is not connected to the internet and can't be)

reub2000

Post by reub2000 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:56 am

Networking isn't complete on ROS. I suggest you use something else.

For using php, why not use the KNOPPIX livecd. Nothing to install.

Jaix
Moderator Team

TINY.exe

Post by Jaix » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:30 pm

The only WEB-Server that works with ReactOS for the moment what I know of is the TINY web server, I havn't got it to work with PHP but it should because it supports CGI and so on. You can try.

Find it here:
http://www.ritlabs.com/tinyweb/

Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:33 pm

Why don't you install xmapp on your windows Pc (or whatever you use). So that you can edit the files, save them and refresh in your browser and don't need to upload them to test.
Where do you want ReactOS to go today ?

dark

Post by dark » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:40 pm

Well than i have to know if that works on reactos, usb keys work yet? (i really don't want to have to put linux on it since then i have to go through downloading a newer version that the disks i have, and it makes it a lot harder to put reactos on the machine again since the disk must be formatted.)

by the way you spelled it "xmapp" instead of "xampp", made it a little harder to find.

reub2000

Post by reub2000 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:47 pm

USB support is being worked on, and is supposed to be ready in time for 0.3. You can try recent SVN version to see if it works yet, but I doubt it does.

Why not download and use KNOPPIX like I told you to do? It's a livecd, so it won't write over anything.

dark

Post by dark » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:43 pm

reub2000 wrote: Why not download and use KNOPPIX like I told you to do? It's a livecd, so it won't write over anything.
Because I hate linux, and 700MB over a phone line doesn't go so well (you could measure how long that would take in weeks), at least i can download stuff in school if it takes under an hour.

Wiseman

Post by Wiseman » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:12 pm

PHP has several SAPIs, one of which is the CLI SAPI, which makes it work like a system scripting language just like plain Perl and Python are. I haven't tried it but it'll probably work under ReactOS; just install the stock PHP 4.x or 5.x and run PHP.EXE. You may want to associate .PHP files to it. Output is echoed to the standard output, and input is read from the standard input. There's a different $_SERVER environment and all, check out the docs.

I use PHP a lot for portable system scripting, it's somewhat similar to Perl with a much cleaner syntax which makes it easier to maintain, while being powerful enough for the job.

michael79

Other web server

Post by michael79 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:02 am

ZazouMiniWebServer also works on ReactOS and PHP works!
http://www.xgarreau.org/zazouminiwebserver/