News - Supporting from russ Fed., why not From Un. St. ?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

EmuandCo
Developer

Re: News - Supporting from russ Fed., why not From Un. St. ?

Post by EmuandCo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:20 am

Heheh, decipher the posts... Nice one. "My English makes me so fast nobody after" is no real English, Blacky. Its really hard to understand your sentences as long as you don't understand German and know the meaning of the similar sounding German words.

And as I said, I do not support this Mail bombing, spam or not. And btw, it IS spam. Definition of spam is UNWANTED commercials, leaflets, mails etc propagating a product/service etc.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:05 am

PurpleGurl wrote:
Who is the "he" referenced after my name? It cannot be me. "Gurl" as I used it was a cute misspelling of girl. I don't know if it is possible to give me a different screen name. It causes a common misunderstanding with ESL speakers, as they try to look to Old English when they find ambiguous words.

But I guess it would be a project for me or somebody to do to find university contact addresses. I don't believe it is spam if it is sent on a one by one basis, customized by situation, and sent as a one-off.

Regarding the comments on jokes, no I wouldn't write such into such an email, since this is totally a serious matter. Also, this is a neutral subject and doesn't involve politics, sexuality, or religion - the big three topics that offend or divide. So I doubt I could get into trouble.
1. you a She, oh , sorry :? my english it is realy bad.. therefore I can not write letter in english ...

2. one-off it's also meant, not other.

3. 2rd

and Andy, be my Superman :D

Haos, I have perhaps expressed poorly, but I do not lie

best regards
Blacky

fracting

Post by fracting » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:27 am

Hello, sorry for a off-topic question:

Did we ever have a TED talk for ReactOS project?
I think a talk regarding ReactOS project on some TEDx event is pretty good for our project ;-)

Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:37 am

why did you not make open an New Tread there for ?
"Pr-Ted for Reactos ?"

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:32 am

fracting wrote:Hello, sorry for a off-topic question:

Did we ever have a TED talk for ReactOS project?
I think a talk regarding ReactOS project on some TEDx event is pretty good for our project ;-)
I dont think that this was done in the past. Maybe a good idea.

Blackcrack. Before you tell ppl not to get Off-Topic you should follow that rule yourself first.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

fracting

Post by fracting » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:24 pm

Sorry for off-topic, here is the new post, please move related further discussions there:
PR - TED(x) for Reactos
http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11439

Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:45 pm

huhh was a suggestion Emu, no sound's about offtopic 8)

wildschwein

Post by wildschwein » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Did you ever think that Putin and a lot of other presidents MUSN'T help ROS ?

Because their consulters told him, that if he helps ROS financelly, it would perhaps "hit" the whole world with the same effect like an nuclear bomb ! Think of a "uncontrollable" OS in the hand of the internet community ! With no backdoors for "emergency cases" (and I am sure in all Windows version inclusively XP, 7, and 8, are intentional backdoors programmed in by Microsoft itself because government adviced them to do so !) An OS, that makes "new and even better Windows versions" obsolet forever, and stops the windows-cash-cow ! An OS, that runs on older an oldest hardware, that must be urgently scrapped as fast as possible - to keep the "hardware-cash-cow" and the "bigger-faster-more memory" cycle running ? An OS that allows third world countries to use old and cheap computers in a manner like new ones, because of a lean, and fast OS ?
Millions and Billions of people that automatically get updates in background and nearly don't have computer problems anymore ? A big worldwide Community that cultivates this OS and has a watching eye over every line of source code ? An unique OS (with some exception for freaks perhaps) worldwide for joe public - instead of the "Cancer OS" Linux, with all things changing faster and faster ?

I think, we must make it on our own. The only hope i have to gain some (small) companies as supporters and money donators.

The price is hot ! In my opion ROS is well observed by several mighty people (that are unkown in background) - and they highly fear it ! Because if it's one time out of the box - nothing could stop the "SWARM"-Effect of ROS.

(See how Gutenberg, the german politican, was knocked down by the SWARM of thousands of volunteers, that read every line of his dissertation, and discovered that it was a plagiate !)

Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:38 am

2rd .. there for we should look for addresses individual and ask/telephoning them if it's okay
if we are mail information material (and silence call for help therewith too may by),
but... but that must not degenerate as spam, that's want be the worst way we can go there with,
i'm so agree with many who think spam is bad .. and the worst for reactos project .
But, call for mailing/infomaterial it is a other.. (but i cant do that, my english it is
not good enough for that and i am in the wrong land for it..)

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:11 am

No. It is still considered unlawful/unethical. It doesn't matter if you mail or phone them. Look... people post their contact details for certain things, not to allow everyone on the planet to bother them with anything one can think of. Try posting your contact details publicly and see if you like the influx of messages you will get.

Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:41 am

uff unethical... ? a hard word .. !

how else do you want special people contact ? People who could help and support ReactOS.
There for may be not bad Charity event or something like who can get different contacts ...
Buuut must first be invited to such an event any were in America. Dut if you live in the State
so do you know like you can get invited over known or related persons ... this may the
best one we can make it.. contacts over events.. that's may the best how
it can make an American citizen ...
If i can call you Haos, from where you come from, what country or State?

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:48 am

Poland. We are on many FOSS Expos all over the world, thats how you contact ppl. They go there to find interesting projects, thus it's no spam.
America won't support us anyway. We are not made of oil and we are no weapon, meaning we are not of any interest.

Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:27 am

Uff.. Haos has allowed you to say where it comes from ? If he no were tell his contacts.. in his Profile..
Is perhaps well intentioned, but i dont think to like it Haos to tell who live he if he's tell not by self.. :\
EmuandCo wrote: America won't support us anyway. We are not made of oil and we are no weapon,
meaning we are not of any interest.
cant say in any way !! America is a big country, by how many times larger
than Germany .. of Italy or Greece, I would want to say not at all,
so the size of her. The population is in any case more ..
And in any case you can not speak for all americans.. Especially all the
different states and countrys and then a variety of settings opinions ... you generalize because very.
You known " in America anything is possible!" And why should not have an open ear and heart of America,
in Germany we have enough anti-human .. think on the turkish population with here in germany.. :\
For that very reason, one should include all on the World and spezialy the States too who be the 2nd
land like to be so very big and have so mutch mutch ( maby a mutch too) possibilitys..
emu, think about that.. really, we should to be open for all world .. and precisely for
these opportunities could be expanded many times over ..

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:15 pm

EmuandCo wrote:America won't support us anyway. We are not made of oil and we are no weapon, meaning we are not of any interest.
This is so true. The US government has zero interest in funding any kind of educational research or development. Quite the opposite. Every day on the news here they talk about educational budget cuts and teacher layoffs. Things like NASA are seeing their budgets dwindle down to nothing while bajillions are spent on various "war" efforts to beat down small countries to keep control of their resources.

Not to mention, that as a huge US based company, Microsoft has a very, very, very strong influence on government here. In a government agency even mentioning Linux is fireable offense. (I wish I were kidding)

Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:39 pm

Hy,

The US government , yes no support ( no and never*s*), but ,the Peoples and american Programmers ?
But i speak over the Programmers and other Person who be in America who
have may by enough know how and other things to let developing Reactos in a half year(or faster)
like to be the MS Win.. there for i speak it.. and can may by pay programmers for Reactos.. :D
Support from an American or some.. how many peoples gives how have enough money for it ?
Image and other peoples who hate Microsoft and whant have a possibility to support other things..
try to see like this ...

Or.... other idea/suggestion, we should call Sony Entertainment
for support.. (think on Ipad and Sony's touchpad) hrhr.. but no joke, think about ! ..