new user

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

dfg43

new user

Post by dfg43 » Thu May 31, 2012 5:15 am

Hello forum,

I downloaded ReactOS lastest version and tried to install it on my SATA hard drive which don`t work.

So i got my old desktop out after not using it for about 7 years and found out the motherboard was no good, so i put another one in which has IDE connections that i have and connected all the connections, fired it up and installed ReactOS.

It worked first time with no problems. Just wanna say it is a good operating system to use better than bindows, just hope there is SATA hard drive support soon. Keep up the good work guys.

dfg43.

EmuandCo
Developer

Re: new user

Post by EmuandCo » Thu May 31, 2012 7:41 am

If you set your Sara drive to legacy mode, it should work fine. Ahci is what's missing
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

dfg43

Post by dfg43 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:53 am

EmuandCo,

Thanks for that bit of info. now here is a noob question, how do i set it to legacy mode ? is it in the BIOS settings.

Radhad

Post by Radhad » Thu May 31, 2012 8:44 am

Yes, you will find it in the BIOS.

dfg43

Post by dfg43 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:25 am

i`ll have a look in the BIOS for it.

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Thu May 31, 2012 12:59 pm

Damn AutoCorrect.... SATA I meant.
Yes its in your BIOS. Its Called IDE Mode or Legacy Mode.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

MadWolf

Post by MadWolf » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:47 pm

dfg43 wrote:Hello forum,

I downloaded ReactOS lastest version and tried to install it on my SATA hard drive which don`t work.

So i got my old desktop out after not using it for about 7 years and found out the motherboard was no good, so i put another one in which has IDE connections that i have and connected all the connections, fired it up and installed ReactOS.

It worked first time with no problems. Just wanna say it is a good operating system to use better than bindows, just hope there is SATA hard drive support soon. Keep up the good work guys.

dfg43.
hi
what hardware is in your pc
motherboard
cpu
gpu
sound card
network card
cd drive
hard drive