Greek translation pending for ages

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

milon

Re: Greek Translation Pending ..many days now

Post by milon » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:15 pm

crackez wrote:is there an edit on the post or what?
http://reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=76560#p76560

crackez

Post by crackez » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:29 am

milon wrote:
crackez wrote:is there an edit on the post or what?
http://reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=76560#p76560
Thanks dude, I didn't know about the bug ;}

milon

Post by milon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:24 pm

No prob. That's why I decided to link it in my sig. Otherwise it's hard to find out. ;)

crackez

Post by crackez » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:33 am

milon wrote:No prob. That's why I decided to link it in my sig. Otherwise it's hard to find out. ;)
The better way is to fix this bug but until then we can use this workaround. Anyway back to topic, I see no movement :roll:

crackez

Post by crackez » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:50 am

Probably no one is interested in this heheh, anyway no one can say that I didn't try.

I'll check in a week or more this topic and if its again as I left it I won't bother, its just pity to
have people that wanna help and don't use them. Maybe languages would be needed when the
OS hits working(full features) beta(..in a few years) ;)

crackez

Post by crackez » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:38 am

In 15/MAY/2012 I waste a few hours translating 12 webpages(including the index[main]), some of them were huge some tiny, in 25/MAY/2012 I posted this topic to solve the "Pending" thing because these pages were laying around useless for 10 days.

Now we have 17/JUNE/2012 and its a month later(more than a month actually) and still the pages are on pending status. We really need some guys to be paid and do this stuff too(coordinate, checks, etc), its not just programming that needs help :twisted:

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:41 pm

We need a guy for the greek translations, yeah.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

crackez

Post by crackez » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:17 am

EmuandCo I'm available and I also post some of my work for someone to check if I'm legit but no one cares, thats really shame

I mean why spending time to translate other open source programs and not have the access to do the same with the ROS website.
Fear that I will somehow do some damage or something.
Why I have "translator" access without the access to post the finished work - pointless if you ask me.

P.S. I imagine that others were in my place but gave up on trying if they been in a situation like this(I thought ROS was a community-thing..seems otherwize).
You don't trust someone? try to translate yourself a message with google with babelfish or whetever and see if the translated pages "look-somehow",
if they do.. you have a winner, if they don't kick his a$$ :P

its not science..

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:58 am

There were some translators in the German team who did it that way. Compared translations with the google translation and the results were evil. Sometimes the opposite of the former meaning was the result. I don't trust google at that point. Maybe I can persuade some ppl to make you Greek maintainer. About time to get things to a positive end here.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

crackez

Post by crackez » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:10 pm

I know that the translation of a language to another EmuandCo can be "weird". Of course some of the ROS webpages I translated is not translated in word by word translation but by the meaning that they want to pass

I mean some stuff in one language if there are tranlated word by word they don't make any sense, you have to work around and give the translation a meaning so the reader gets what it means not what it actual represend a word

I'm willing to fill all the pages but the "pending" thing is a show stopper.

crackez

Post by crackez » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:33 pm

My Greek translation is still on pending from 18 of May, almost two months of nothing.. :lol:

I want to give a big thanks to all the replies and especially to EmuandCo for at least replying me regularly unlike others.

P.S. A mod can delete the post, I won't bother anymore. Two months is a more than enough even in the slowest community.

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:42 am

You havent seen slow-reacting communities then.

To sum up - we need Giannis (who is currently away, busy with his real-life) to check the material. With his acceptance, it will be published. Unfortunately, this is necessary to avoid strange things landing in our webpage. I understand that you feel offended by lack of reaction, but ragequiting wont help you get the material online.

jimtabor
Developer

Post by jimtabor » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:32 am

Giannis,
I need your help!
James

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:35 am

Isn't there any other Greek speaking guy with us? After one successful verification we could give him access to the translation tools of roscms

Aeneas

Post by Aeneas » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:55 am

I just googled this - I do not know how reliable it is:

http://www.translatum.gr/forum/index.php