Page 11 of 11

Re: ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:58 pm
by fireball
Let's abstract from the crowdfunding platform, that's technical/org side.
It's much better to discuss what features, services, ideas would *you* actually want to pay for now. Not some abstract backer who come out of nowhere, but you, participants of this thread.

This way I could understand your needs, as a community. What minimal set of features you think are useful, what platforms, what apps are most important (I think this last point was already over-discussed, but anyway).

Re: ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:26 am
by vicmarcal
fireball wrote:Let's abstract from the crowdfunding platform, that's technical/org side.
It's much better to discuss what features, services, ideas would *you* actually want to pay for now. Not some abstract backer who come out of nowhere, but you, participants of this thread.

This way I could understand your needs, as a community. What minimal set of features you think are useful, what platforms, what apps are most important (I think this last point was already over-discussed, but anyway).
I would like to be able to run Windows apps in Android :3.

And from an useful pov:
-Office suites: LibreOffice,OpenOffice. (The one which works best could go bundled).Compatible with Ms Office(I still need to run Macros)
-Unzipper: 7zip(bundled). Compatible with Winrar and Winzip.
-Media: Vlc(bundled)
-Browsers:Firefox or Chrome(bundled). Compatible with Opera at least.
With these we can provide a big bunch of needs covered(more or less).

Re: ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:31 am
by Black_Fox
There are many usage scenarios, but most are too broad to select only a few parts (general Windows/Linux substitute/gaming machine). Therefore I choose the "easiest" one of them - I could install ReactOS as a primary system on my work laptop.
Essential for that usage would be to have fully working:
- partitioning etc.
- WPA2 Wi-fi access
- USB 1.1 support
- network SS stable enough to support and withstand long VPN sessions
- working recent version of Chrome(priority)/Firefox
- Putty
- WinSCP
- Dropbox

Nice to have (I can live without but still would like and use daily):
- dock support
- stable sound SS
- full USB 2.0 support
- theming support
- Adobe Reader
- FileZilla

Note: I haven't tested ROS in recent months, with some apps never, so it is possible that some of them work or have been fixed since. I know even the requirements are quite wide, but yes, I have to do some actual work at work :mrgreen: I hope I didn't miss anything. x86 as the supported platform is completely fine for the near future for me (say, 2 years). EDIT: My old offer of humble financial support of WPA2 support implementation is still standing.

Re: ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:31 am
by vicmarcal
A nice niche could be: RapsberryPi(or a fixed hardware)+Reactos. That will open a nice market for Smart TVs.

Re: ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:00 pm
by Yaraslau
fireball wrote:...what features, services, ideas would *you* actually want to pay for now.
USB. SATA.
fireball wrote:...what apps are most important...
Need for my everyday (almost) use: MS Office, Sony Vegas, NANO Antivirus, Agnitum Firewall, AdFender, WinDjView, TeraCopy, Abbyy Finereader, Abbyy Lingvo, Auslogics Boostspeed, 7-Zip, Opera, Free Video Player and LightAlloy. That's all. :roll: The rest - very specific.

Re: ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:52 pm
by cruonit
in order to use it in classrooms(foundamentals of programming) at my faculty (they are looking for a windowsXP replacement and have problems with linux hardware compatibility):
- to work on old siemens machines + usb host
- code::blocks(gcc) + a browser without BSoD for two hours :)
- deep freeze(not easy :( )
- libreoffice
- 7zip

Re: ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:29 pm
by cruonit
TODO:
Reset the foundrasing counter to 0 maximum value 17.000 USD , change the year to 2013 and add the text: "14.000USD collected in year 2012"
or wait for the new website

Re: ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:54 am
by jonaspm
THIS HAS TO BE DONE WELL, PLEASE CHANGE THE YEAR OF THE FUNDRAISING (2012) TO (2013) AND LETS COMPLETE THE CAMPAIGN!
:D

Re: ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 am
by SomeGuy
They are probably waiting for January end of month data. (Or at least that sounds like a good reason :lol: )

Re: ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:33 am
by eersoy93
Hi! Why we start ReactOS 1.0 Fundraising for ReactOS 1.0? In my opinion, the fundraising's goal can be 500.000€. If the fundraising completed, ReactOS 1.0 can be released quickly.

Re: ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:43 am
by EmuandCo
Simple. We cant start a fundraising for something we cant accomplish quickly. We dont just need money for getting things done, we need developers paid by the money. But before we claim to collect for 1.0, we do a smaller and more realistic goal to not make the donators go mad at us if it takes too long. The money will be used for getting closer to 1.0 of course.

Re: ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:03 pm
by eersoy93
EmuandCo wrote:Simple. We cant start a fundraising for something we cant accomplish quickly. We dont just need money for getting things done, we need developers paid by the money. But before we claim to collect for 1.0, we do a smaller and more realistic goal to not make the donators go mad at us if it takes too long. The money will be used for getting closer to 1.0 of course.
In that case, we can start ReactOS 0.4.0 Fundraising.

Re: ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:32 pm
by Z98
When you present a position, you need to also present proof to back that position.

Re: ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:59 pm
by eersoy93
eersoy93 wrote:In that case, we can start ReactOS 0.4.0 Fundraising.
Z98 wrote:When you present a position, you need to also present proof to back that position.
Sorry, I wrote that in a hurry. I want to explain "Why we start ReactOS 0.4 Fundraising for ReactOS 0.4?".

Re: ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:04 pm
by Webunny
Say...I don't see any fundraising-bar for 2013 anymore? Why not? It seemed to be relative succesful in 2012. Or has it already reached its goal, and there won't be another until 2014?