ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Acamapichtli

Re: ReactOS Fundraising 2012

Post by Acamapichtli »

Z98 wrote:They are tax deductible in Germany and any country that recognizes German registered non-profits. One would think this encompasses the entire EU, but there are a few countries who have been, slow, to update their laws.
that bad.
I was assigned to start promoting ReactOS in Mexico and Latin America. if anyone wants to see the facebook page.
¡I want ReactOS!

Im spanish speaker not english speaker, sorry for my bad english.
zehnvor

Post by zehnvor »

i would note that the donators page is very out-dated :roll:
kaczor

Post by kaczor »

Regarding ReactOS on Kickstarter idea. I think that it doesn't matter if it is only USA or wherever. The fact matters. IMHO this http://www.indiegogo.com/ should be done simultaneously. This is part of advertising campaign that should be performed - even if ReactOS wouldn't collect a penny.
jonaspm

Post by jonaspm »

kaczor wrote:Regarding ReactOS on Kickstarter idea. I think that it doesn't matter if it is only USA or wherever. The fact matters. IMHO this http://www.indiegogo.com/ should be done simultaneously. This is part of advertising campaign that should be performed - even if ReactOS wouldn't collect a penny.
True
acjohnson

Post by acjohnson »

I can't believe you guys are being so hard headed about doing a kickstarter campaign... There are tons of people with ideas that have raised amazing amounts of money on kickstarter. Your campaign has been running for quite a while and you've only got just over 13,000 euros. Look at the pier solar HD project: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/573 ... -linux-and

They made over $230,000 (they were only asking for $139,000 btw) and it only took them one month to do it!

Don't you think american's want to see a free version of Windows just as much as anyone? You should be trying to find ways to collect as much money as possible. This will not only increase the money in your pocket but it will also help the project evolve much faster. That way you can make promises and have people throw money at you in order to get you to finish the dang OS!
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

I agree that Kickstarter would be a valuable and useful source of money in theory, however, there are some obstacles in practice:

1) Kickstarter rules require results and US branch address unless I'm mistaken. ROS cannot deliver either as of yet, as it's useless to release "basic" (whatever that means) operating system and offer additional functionality via stretch goals as most projects on KS do. The foundation currently only operates in Germany and Russia AFAIK.
2) ROS is not a game, it's just a "dang" OS. Thus it would not get so much support as a piece of software that is "invisible" for most people.
kaczor

Post by kaczor »

Try dosen't cost a penny ...
milon

Post by milon »

It's a nice idea, but it's been talked about. We don't meet their criteria. Applying would waste time and effort of the devs (which can be far better spent working on ROS).
fireball
Developer

Post by fireball »

I need to finish the new website first, it's critical from the project representation point-of-view (it's the first thing someone looks at before trying out a release), and it's really not too much work left to do.

However, I have something brewing up which is to remain off from public ears for now. And I need your help!
Consider this as a "closed beta-testing" of some idea. To get invitation to participate (if your idea would be considered interesting), I need a private message from you which would contain explanation of the following:
1. What ReactOS idea/product would you personally back/finance/donate out of your own pocket, and which would be directly or indirectly useful for you.
2. What would you want in exchange?

Actual donation platform doesn't matter atm, please focus on the idea which would be useful for large number of people throughout the world.
Be creative, try to think of past, present and future. Everyone is invited to participate ;)
Aleksey Bragin,
ReactOS Project Lead
Acamapichtli

Post by Acamapichtli »

fireball wrote:I need to finish the new website first, it's critical from the project representation point-of-view (it's the first thing someone looks at before trying out a release), and it's really not too much work left to do.

However, I have something brewing up which is to remain off from public ears for now. And I need your help!
Consider this as a "closed beta-testing" of some idea. To get invitation to participate (if your idea would be considered interesting), I need a private message from you which would contain explanation of the following:
1. What ReactOS idea/product would you personally back/finance/donate out of your own pocket, and which would be directly or indirectly useful for you.
2. What would you want in exchange?

Actual donation platform doesn't matter atm, please focus on the idea which would be useful for large number of people throughout the world.
Be creative, try to think of past, present and future. Everyone is invited to participate ;)
I( can help with the propagand campain Chief, :D
¡I want ReactOS!

Im spanish speaker not english speaker, sorry for my bad english.
chiropkansas

Post by chiropkansas »

Hi there,

That's great idea, hope you can hired to develop more to this website. One thing i can donate is my prayer.

God Bless to your endeavor.
acjohnson

Post by acjohnson »

1) Kickstarter rules require results and US branch address unless I'm mistaken.
Yes, I believe you are mistaken:
http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/cre ... ons#PaymUk
It's a nice idea, but it's been talked about. We don't meet their criteria.
milon, can you please elaborate on what criteria you are referring to??
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

acjohnson wrote:
1) Kickstarter rules require results and US branch address unless I'm mistaken.
Yes, I believe you are mistaken:
http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/cre ... ons#PaymUk
I know about the UK addition, but ReactOS Foundation is still based only in Germany and Russia.
milon

Post by milon »

milon wrote:It's a nice idea, but it's been talked about. We don't meet their criteria.
acjohnson wrote:milon, can you please elaborate on what criteria you are referring to??
See this link:
http://reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 724#p93724