EPIC WIN!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

rachid

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by rachid »

gonzoMD wrote:the most of this games show the taskbar in fullscreen mode. I'm curious if this also happens with explorer_new.
That is not true
look again.

Webunny

Post by Webunny »

rachid wrote:
gonzoMD wrote:the most of this games show the taskbar in fullscreen mode. I'm curious if this also happens with explorer_new.
That is not true
look again.
"I look and I look,but I see no God." - Yuri Gagarin*

*actually Khrushchev, but it's a popular misquote.

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Well, time for another Epic Win!
This time Api Monitor.
Fully working!\0/
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

Nice vicmarcal :D By the way, is it a .NET application, or a native one?

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Fully native. It lets you modify Parameters on fly, error are translated to readable codes, and lets you set breakpoints or even filter by specific calls(i filtered just the NT File calls in those screenshots).
Hopefully it can help us to understand why an app instalation fails, just by comparing the logs(it can export a log of all the calls done and its parameters).
I guess it can help with the Glyph issues of Gtk and probably the Steam install stall. Also for the Apps from IndieGoGo, I hope :)

milon

Post by milon »

That IS pretty epic! :D

MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

4t Tray Minimizer is starting to work in Reactos u need to use the keyboard shortcuts to
Minimize to tray
Roll up/Roll down. You can roll up any window to its title bar.
Hide an application (without showing its tray icon). You can hide any application without displaying its icon into the system tray.
Stay on top. You can make any important window always on top.
[ external image ]
edit
tested on bootcd-63343-dbgwin bootcd-63349-dbgwin

edit 2
PaleMoon 24.5.0 tested on bootcd-63349-dbgwin
[ external image ]

manuel

Post by manuel »

MadWolf wrote:4t Tray Minimizer is starting to work in Reactos u need to use the keyboard shortcuts to
Minimize to tray
Roll up/Roll down. You can roll up any window to its title bar.
Hide an application (without showing its tray icon). You can hide any application without displaying its icon into the system tray.
Stay on top. You can make any important window always on top.
[ external image ]
edit
tested on bootcd-63343-dbgwin bootcd-63349-dbgwin

edit 2
PaleMoon 24.5.0 tested on bootcd-63349-dbgwin
[ external image ]
wow 8-)

Shawhifox

Post by Shawhifox »

Latest version of the Free Download manager somewhat works in 0.4SVN:

[ external image ]

It doesn't detect the links stored inside the clipboard, and you can't paste links but if you write it manually it works and starts downloading, creating parts to speed up de download process.

[ external image ]

And two Megadrive/Genesis emulators that work (you have to manually reduce the colors to 16 bits, the programs can't do it themselves):

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Unfortunately ROS crashed while using Firefox and it's directory is corrupted. Can't be uninstalled, removed, or overwritten... even using the terminal the OS freezes trying to access the \Mozilla Firefox directory.

Also, the latest version of WinRAR works, but I don't think that's something new...

zydon

Post by zydon »

Shawhifox wrote:Unfortunately ROS crashed while using Firefox and it's directory is corrupted. Can't be uninstalled, removed, or overwritten... even using the terminal the OS freezes trying to access the \Mozilla Firefox directory.
The above hazardous event I can confirm it is not ReactOS bug. It's Firefox setting that clearing cache on exit do the damages because it's happened in WinXP too. If those setting keep going on for long, it will end up damaging system registry files and the Windows OS cannot be boot anymore.

Avoid clearing cache on exit since deleting huge files take time and when the application cut off to exit runtime, deletion process were unfinished. Do manual cache clearing while in Firefox session or externally after the program exit using 3rd party program like CCleaner.

Hope it helps.

MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

zydon wrote:
Shawhifox wrote:Unfortunately ROS crashed while using Firefox and it's directory is corrupted. Can't be uninstalled, removed, or overwritten... even using the terminal the OS freezes trying to access the \Mozilla Firefox directory.
The above hazardous event I can confirm it is not ReactOS bug. It's Firefox setting that clearing cache on exit do the damages because it's happened in WinXP too. If those setting keep going on for long, it will end up damaging system registry files and the Windows OS cannot be boot anymore.

Avoid clearing cache on exit since deleting huge files take time and when the application cut off to exit runtime, deletion process were unfinished. Do manual cache clearing while in Firefox session or externally after the program exit using 3rd party program like CCleaner.

Hope it helps.
a bit off topic but i did not know a bout that bug
maybe when the work on the explorer new gets pushed to trunk maybe 4t Tray Minimizer will work better

manuel

Post by manuel »

Cobian 8 working (This application showed bsod after setup) 8-)
[ external image ]

oldman

Post by oldman »

This is very specialized software; you need a weather station connected to your computer, which I have not got, so I cannot test it any further.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I stumbled across it here http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5763. There is a down load link on the page.

Any weather boffins out there?
Please keep the Windows classic (9x/2000) look and feel.
The layman's guides to - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.

manuel

Post by manuel »

oldman wrote:This is very specialized software; you need a weather station connected to your computer, which I have not got, so I cannot test it any further.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I stumbled across it here http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5763. There is a down load link on the page.

Any weather boffins out there?
wow

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Globulation 2
[ external image ]