EPIC WIN!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Black_Fox
Posts: 1584
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:44 pm
Location: Czechia

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by Black_Fox » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:43 pm

oswetto wrote:DOS game "Dave" running in full-screen console in NTVDM in ReactOS
*image*
Please, put this not only on FB, but also on Twitter!

oldman
Posts: 1072
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: EPIC WIN! - grepWin

Post by oldman » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:32 pm

I would not say that this is an epic win, but this seems to be the thread to show software that works in Ros.

Image

It is not perfect, but it seems to do what it should.

The issues I have found with it are:
A window that was over-lapped by the grepWin window, could not be brought to the the front, even though when I clicked on the window it showed it had the focus (top blue bar), the grepWin window had to be minimized to the taskbar.
The grepWin window is very slow to paint itself from being minimized on the taskbar.
The old contents of the 'Search Results' window are briefly in a mess (unreadable) when starting a new search.
The 'Matches' column is showing 'read error' for some search results (see in image above).

From the little I have used it, it seems to work quite well.
Please keep the Windows classic (9x/2000) look and feel.
The layman's guides to - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - with some complementary scripts.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.

wojo664
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by wojo664 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:50 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU4CwmID ... e=youtu.be

TeamSpeak 2 Server testing on ROS :-)

Works well... partially. Seems to produce errors with BSOD sometimes. Testing without installed sound driver.

hbelusca
Developer
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:36 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by hbelusca » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:06 pm

(Almost) two more epic wins:

- Our NTVDM is mentioned there: http://virtuallyfun.superglobalmegacorp.com/?p=3614
- ReactOS build 61112: http://virtuallyfun.superglobalmegacorp.com/?p=3619 where the author tests Visual C++ 4.0 and QWDOS
Image
Image

But one has to read the warning before in the post.

Webunny
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by Webunny » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:43 pm

A bit less epic: UQM HD installs, but does not seem to work. :cry:

jimtabor
Developer
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:00 pm

Re: EPIC WIN! - grepWin

Post by jimtabor » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:28 pm

oldman wrote: The issues I have found with it are:
A window that was over-lapped by the grepWin window, could not be brought to the the front, even though when I clicked on the window it showed it had the focus (top blue bar), the grepWin window had to be minimized to the taskbar.
The grepWin window is very slow to paint itself from being minimized on the taskbar.
The old contents of the 'Search Results' window are briefly in a mess (unreadable) when starting a new search.
The 'Matches' column is showing 'read error' for some search results (see in image above).

From the little I have used it, it seems to work quite well.
I'm looking into this right now.... This is a good test application. What's going on, grepWin is bypassing the window activation via the message system. Rebounding the selecting of the other window by deactivating it then selecting itself again. Could be something left over in the message queued loop. With the debugs turn on it is fun to watch. Something the test bot can not test for.

jimtabor
Developer
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:00 pm

Re: EPIC WIN! - grepWin

Post by jimtabor » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:20 pm

jimtabor wrote:
oldman wrote: The issues I have found with it are:
A window that was over-lapped by the grepWin window, could not be brought to the the front, even though when I clicked on the window it showed it had the focus (top blue bar), the grepWin window had to be minimized to the taskbar.
The grepWin window is very slow to paint itself from being minimized on the taskbar.
The old contents of the 'Search Results' window are briefly in a mess (unreadable) when starting a new search.
The 'Matches' column is showing 'read error' for some search results (see in image above).

From the little I have used it, it seems to work quite well.
I'm looking into this right now.... This is a good test application. What's going on, grepWin is bypassing the window activation via the message system. Rebounding the selecting of the other window by deactivating it then selecting itself again. Could be something left over in the message queued loop. With the debugs turn on it is fun to watch. Something the test bot can not test for.
Found it, rev 57068 window link validation code. grepWin sets WS_EX_TOPMOST.

See CORE-6554.

fLuXx
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:42 am

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by fLuXx » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:00 pm

Will it get commited to trunk soon?

MadWolf
Posts: 538
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:19 am
Contact:

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by MadWolf » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:59 am

edit
Stronghold + Stronghold HD 1.3 Patche
there is no sound in game
Image
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
how to play
on windows install Stronghold and apply the Stronghold HD 1.3 patch and then crate a new folder on the c:\ drive and name it Test open the folder Test and create a new text file and copy the code in to it and save it now change the file extension from .txt to .bat and now download wget to c:\Test then run the bat choosing options 1 and 3 to 6 now mount reactos hard drive image and now open C:\Test\ReactOS and copy the folders Program Files and ReactOS to the reactos hard drive now open c:\Program Files and copy Firefly Studios folder to reactos hard drive \Program Files

Note do not copy the folders Program Files and reactos unless React OS is fully installed
Note this bat file was written on windows xp and has not been tested on vista /7 /8/8.1/10


Code: Select all

 @ECHO OFF
SET TempDir=C:\Test
mkdir %TempDir%\ReactOS
mkdir %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS
mkdir %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32
CLS
:MENU
ECHO.
ECHO ...............................................
ECHO PRESS 1, 2 OR 3 to select your task, or 4 to EXIT.
ECHO ...............................................
ECHO.
ECHO 1 - Microsoft Visual Basic 5 Runtime
ECHO 2 - Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Common Controls
ECHO 3 - Microsoft Visual CPlusPlus 6 Redistributable Package
ECHO 4 - Visual Basic 6 Runtime
ECHO 5 - Microsoft Visual CPlusPlus 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package
ECHO 6 - Microsoft Visual CPlusPlus 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package
ECHO 7 - Microsoft Visual CPlusPlus 2010 Redistributable Package

ECHO.
SET /P M=Type 1, 2, 3,5,6 or 7 then press ENTER:
IF %M%==1 GOTO 1
IF %M%==2 GOTO 2
IF %M%==3 GOTO 3
IF %M%==4 GOTO 4
IF %M%==5 GOTO 5
IF %M%==6 GOTO 6
IF %M%==7 GOTO 7

:1
wget.exe http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb50pro/utility/1/win98/en-us/msvbvm50.exe
msvbvm50.exe /c /q /t:%TempDir%\VisualBasic5Runtime
cd %TempDir%\VisualBasic5Runtime
copy OLEAUT32.DLL %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy OLEPRO32.DLL %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy STDOLE2.TLB %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
'copy ADVPACK.DLL %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy ASYCFILT.DLL %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy COMCAT.DLL %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy MSVBVM50.DLL %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
cd..
GOTO MENU

:2
wget.exe http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/a/5/3a5925ac-e779-4b1c-bb01-af67dc2f96fc/VisualBasic6-KB896559-v1-ENU.exe
VisualBasic6-KB896559-v1-ENU.exe /c /q /t:%TempDir%\VisualBasic6.0CommonControls
GOTO MENU

:3
wget http://download.microsoft.com/download/vc60pro/Update/2/W9XNT4/EN-US/VC6RedistSetup_deu.exe
VC6RedistSetup_deu.exe /c /q /t:%TempDir%\VisualCPlusPlus6
cd %TempDir%\VisualCPlusPlus6
vcredist.exe /c /q /t:%TempDir%\VisualCPlusPlus6

copy stdole2.tlb %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy msvcp60.dll %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
'copy msvcrt.dll %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy comcat.dll %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy oleaut32.dll %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy olepro32.dll %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy mfc42.dll %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy mfc42u.dll %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy msvcirt.dll %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy asycfilt.dll %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
'copy ADVPACK.DLL %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
cd..
GOTO MENU

:4
wget http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/a/d/5ad868a0-8ecd-4bb0-a882-fe53eb7ef348/VB6.0-KB290887-X86.exe
VB6.0-KB290887-X86.exe /c /q /t:%TempDir%\VisualBasic6Runtime
cd %TempDir%\VisualBasic6Runtime
vbrun60sp6.exe /c /q /t:%TempDir%\VisualBasic6Runtime
copy olepro32.dll %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy stdole2.tlb %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy oleaut32.dll %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
'copy ADVPACK.DLL %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy asycfilt.dll %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy comcat.dll %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
copy msvbvm60.dll %TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS\system32 /y /v
cd..

GOTO MENU

:5
wget http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/1/c/e1c773de-73ba-494a-a5ba-f24906ecf088/vcredist_x86.exe
ren vcredist_x86.exe VisualCPlusPlus2005SP1.exe
VisualCPlusPlus2005SP1.exe /c /q /t:%TempDir%\VisualCPlusPlus2005SP1
cd VisualCPlusPlus2005SP1
VCREDI~3.EXE /c /t:%TempDir%\VisualCPlusPlus2005SP1
msiexec /a vcredist.msi /qb TARGETDIR=D:\Test\VisualCPlusPlus2005SP1\VisualCPlusPlus2005SP1
cd VisualCPlusPlus2005SP1
rename Windows ReactOS
xcopy ReactOS /e "%TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS"
xcopy "Program Files" /e "%TempDir%\ReactOS\Program Files"
rename ReactOS Windows
cd..
cd..

GOTO MENU

:6
wget http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/d/9/dd9a82d0-52ef-40db-8dab-795376989c03/vcredist_x86.exe
ren vcredist_x86.exe VisualCPlusPlus2008SP1.exe
7z x VisualCPlusPlus2008SP1.exe -o%TempDir%\VisualCPlusPlus2008SP1
cd VisualCPlusPlus2008SP1
msiexec /a vc_red.msi /qb TARGETDIR=%TempDir%\VisualCPlusPlus2008SP1\VisualCPlusPlus2008SP1
cd VisualCPlusPlus2008SP1

rename Windows ReactOS
xcopy ReactOS /e "%TempDir%\ReactOS\ReactOS"
xcopy "Program Files" /e "C:\Test\ReactOS\Program Files"
rename ReactOS Windows
cd..
cd..

GOTO MENU

:7
wget http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/B/C/5BC5DBB3-652D-4DCE-B14A-475AB85EEF6E/vcredist_x86.exe
ren vcredist_x86.exe VisualCPlusPlus2010.exe

GOTO MENU

edit
Last edited by MadWolf on Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

cruonit
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:57 am

Re: EPIC WIN! - grepWin

Post by cruonit » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:55 am

wingrep is open source so it could be used as the search tool in reactos
oldman wrote:I would not say that this is an epic win, but this seems to be the thread to show software that works in Ros.

Image

It is not perfect, but it seems to do what it should.

The issues I have found with it are:
A window that was over-lapped by the grepWin window, could not be brought to the the front, even though when I clicked on the window it showed it had the focus (top blue bar), the grepWin window had to be minimized to the taskbar.
The grepWin window is very slow to paint itself from being minimized on the taskbar.
The old contents of the 'Search Results' window are briefly in a mess (unreadable) when starting a new search.
The 'Matches' column is showing 'read error' for some search results (see in image above).

From the little I have used it, it seems to work quite well.

middings
Posts: 1006
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 9:18 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: EPIC WIN! - grepWin

Post by middings » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:11 pm

cruonit wrote:wingrep is open source so it could be used as the search tool in reactos
I think you meant grepWin. It uses the GNU GPL v2 license. I could not locate a program named wingrep that is open source. This wingrep (also called Windows Grep) is not open source, it is shareware.

Does grepWin pass the classic flowchart test for Software Useful To ReactOS?

oldman
Posts: 1072
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: EPIC WIN! - grepWin

Post by oldman » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:57 pm

middings wrote:
cruonit wrote:wingrep is open source so it could be used as the search tool in reactos
I think you meant grepWin. It uses the GNU GPL v2 license. I could not locate a program named wingrep that is open source. This wingrep (also called Windows Grep) is not open source, it is shareware.
There is a Wgrep which is gpl, but it fails to run in Ros; missing dll, I think.
Look in the " Read this if you've found software useful to ReactOS " in this forum for a bit more info.
middings wrote: Does grepWin pass the classic flowchart test for Software Useful To ReactOS?
The website does not say what language it is written in, so until that is found out, your question cannot be answered.
But I would guess C or C++ (but who knows!).
Please keep the Windows classic (9x/2000) look and feel.
The layman's guides to - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - with some complementary scripts.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.

middings
Posts: 1006
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 9:18 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: EPIC WIN! - grepWin

Post by middings » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:15 am

oldman wrote:
middings wrote: Does grepWin pass the classic flowchart test for Software Useful To ReactOS?
The website does not say what language it is written in, so until that is found out, your question cannot be answered.
But I would guess C or C++ (but who knows!).
grepWin appears to be written in C++.

ReactOS already includes a file search function. The dev. team may not need a replacement search function.

Z98
Release Engineer
Posts: 3379
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 8:16 pm
Contact:

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by Z98 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:12 am

grepWin is actually a very nice utility. The only concern is its interface is probably a bit too intimidating for novice users.

Julcar
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:19 pm

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by Julcar » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:00 am

Macromedia DreamWeaver 4.0 (with a lot of graphical bugs):

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests