0.3.15 launch suggestion

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Webunny

Re: 0.3.15 launch suggestion

Post by Webunny » Mon May 21, 2012 8:56 pm

PurpleGurl wrote:
Webunny wrote:USB doesn't seem to function properly on real hardware, though (and yes, I'm talking trunk here, and yes, it's switched on in the bios).

At least, not on my machine. It doesn't get recognised, and when I try to start it with the usb attached, the start-up seems to hang, and when I remove it, it immediately resumes.
Back then, I was referring to branch. I think the same is true here now as what you find, but I haven't tested in a long while. I might have to hang onto my older machine for testing.
As far as I've understood, with trunk it should work.

Bblaauw

Post by Bblaauw » Thu May 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Support for USB Hubs was nearly non-existing. Best bet seems to be to use VirtualBox and enable USB-devices one by one for the virtual machine.
On real hardware you can check if USB devices are supported by trying if the LiveCD boots to desktop with working optical drive, mouse and keyboard
If the menus in the bootCD work then you're also lucky :)

Ercan

Post by Ercan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:54 am

Well this launch suggestion. ReactOS setup is ext2 drivers smootly added this suggestion please.

Webunny

Post by Webunny » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:03 pm

As far as I've understood it, in the 3.15 version, usb now (largely) works. It will be interesting to re-try my testing with real hardware. In 2012, one out of my 4 PC's I tried it one, succeeded in booting, but without any usb functionality. Curious what the result will be now.