GIMP installers for ReactOS

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Ali Imran

GIMP installers for ReactOS

Post by Ali Imran »

I have updated the installers and latest packages on gimptalk.

Anyone interested in using gimp on ROS can get it here
http://www.gimptalk.com/gimp-download.php

btw : It must not be considered spam, since gimptalk is purely a non-profit oriented site.

regards

mikedep333

Post by mikedep333 »

What's the difference between this installer and the standard one on the official gimp/gimp-win site?

http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

Ali Imran

Post by Ali Imran »

Hello sir

This page aims to contain almost every latest available build of gimp.
Some of my users have managed to compile builds such as 2.3.3 and so (which are not available on official site) with mingw. This page is new and as new build comes out (either it is found on official site or not) it will be available on this page, so that every latest build is available for testing on ROS. And sir, ofcourse the strange behaviors of gtk+ on windows (sometimes) is an issue which must be taken serious on ROS too. This way ROS users will report the exceptions/errors of gimp on ROS, and our people who compile with mingw will get them fixes (as possible). Another difference in modules is, the ones on official site are compiled with MSVC++ not mingw, and as far I know the compiler suggested for ROS is mingw not MSVC++.

So sir, in simple words, this page is there to contain every compilable version of gimp either it is development release or stable.

I hope I could define.

regards

mikedep333

Post by mikedep333 »

I see. So these builds are for as many different versions as possible and are done with MingW instead of MSVC++. Thanks alot, I'll be happy to test them out.