Wiki housekeeping team

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

terrance

Wiki housekeeping team

Post by terrance »

Hello!

Many of you said before that you're willing to help ReactOS but that you can't program. Altough you can help us now.

Our wiki is getting untidy and the webteam really doesn't has the time to take care of this problem. I'd like to build a Wiki housekeeping team that would be part of the webteam and would try to keep the quality of our wiki.

Anyone interested?

Greetings
terrance
Dominik

Post by Dominik »

as I told you at irc, I am willingly helping if you want me to.
terrance

Post by terrance »

Yes Dominik, I'd like you to be the leader of this "team". But if it hurts your work on the UI then please work on this because this is of much more value than tidying up the wiki. :D

Anyone else? 8)
Jaix
Moderator Team

I'll help!

Post by Jaix »

Yo man, I'll help, I already do! But feel free to suggest area to help in...
terrance

Post by terrance »

Well I don't have a certain area in mind. This should be your task to figure out what is the best structure for the wiki and to tidy it up a bit.

Btw. Jaix: You're very active in the forums so would you like to be a moderator?
Dominik

Post by Dominik »

But if it hurts your work on the UI then please work on this because this is of much more value than tidying up the wiki. Very Happy
Well I'm working on the UI but It's no problem for me working on two things.
I'm not even in the UI-Team ...
I would like to be a part of the housekeeping-team (you know I'm tidying up already)
Dominik

Post by Dominik »

I added a list of common misspellings to the wiki http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/R ... sspellings
so the page http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php?t ... &limit=200 shows some misspellings in our wiki.

As you can see there are some articles to edit, but warning not everything the misspelling-page finds is written wrong.
Make shure you are right before you change something.
Gasmann

Post by Gasmann »

I could help a bit too, I already fixed some misspellings in the wiki in the past. What I mean is when I have nothing to do so that I browse the wiki, learn about ReactOS and by this correct any mistakes I find :wink:
Dominik

Post by Dominik »

I'm actually working on a small suggestion for the wiki main page, http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/Dom_Main_Page
Gasmann

Post by Gasmann »

Okay, I just started searching for and correcting some mistakes in the german translation of the wiki. There's not too much in it so I look this through now.

edit: Okay, I'm done with correcting the german translation for now. I hope I didn't miss some mistakes :)