EPIC WIN!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Greenhorn

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by Greenhorn »

Illen,

this is really cool !
I've never seen VS2008 running this gray theme.

I'm developing some custom controls with the Look & Feel of Office 2003 / Visual Studio 2005/2008 and I really would like to import/copy this gray theme. I grabbed most of the colors from your screenshot but what's missing is the highlight colors and the colors from the popup menus.

I know this is off-topic but would you be so kind and give me a screenshot of a popup menu with selected menu item ?

@Mod/Admin: If you feel my post is misplaced here, then please (re)move it.

Here's a screenshot of my custom controls with blue theme of VS2008. (Sorry, I don't know how to attach a picture here)
[ external image ]

Kind Regards
Greenhorn
Illen

Post by Illen »

Greenhorn wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:58 pm Illen,

this is really cool !
I've never seen VS2008 running this gray theme.

I'm developing some custom controls with the Look & Feel of Office 2003 / Visual Studio 2005/2008 and I really would like to import/copy this gray theme. I grabbed most of the colors from your screenshot but what's missing is the highlight colors and the colors from the popup menus.

I know this is off-topic but would you be so kind and give me a screenshot of a popup menu with selected menu item ?
Hello. I'm not using any custom theme, it is just the default look of VS2008 with Windows Classic theme.
You can see here VS2008 running on Win2k3 with Classic theme, it's similar. :)
vmplayer_jDEIWGTF49.png
vmplayer_jDEIWGTF49.png (126.46 KiB) Viewed 11573 times
Greenhorn wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:58 pm (Sorry, I don't know how to attach a picture here)
IIRC you need a certain amount of posts to be able to attach screenshots.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Wow! That tells me that some possibly younger users and even developers have probably never encountered Windows classic theme...
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
cedric-react

Post by cedric-react »

I managed to install git for windows and tortoisegit. It does integrate with windows explorer. (it does create the extra right-click options).
I have not yet tried to actually use it.

It's required to use a very old versions, as reactOS reports itself as a 32 bit windows XP machine:
git for windows, 2.10.0-32 bit https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/ ... .windows.1
tortoisegit 1.8.16.0-32 bit https://download.tortoisegit.org/tgit/1.8.16.0/
Oleg Dubinskij

Post by Oleg Dubinskij »

I have not yet tried to actually use it.
At least menu entries will not work for now. There definitely is a ticket about this.
But yes, the Git and TortoiseGit itself are already working properly. All major bugs are fixed since 0.4.10. :) See CORE-12931.
ArmyMan007

Post by ArmyMan007 »

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to point out to the fact that ever since starting the EPIC WIN thread a lot of improvements and WINS have been made over the decade of the thread's existence!

I'm so proud to be the OP of the thread and it's truly exciting to not only become the most viewed and replied topic on the forum but also be a part of this great community, which always strives to achieve the sole purpose of our passion: a fully Windows replacement.

In due time we'll achieve our goal and with the community support - nothing is going to stop us!

So keep on posting your EPIC WINS and let's show the world who should really dominate the PC race! :D
ReactOS - Open Your Windows to Freedom
verserk

Post by verserk »

winspiceReactOS.png
winspiceReactOS.png (102.25 KiB) Viewed 10972 times
[ external image ]

WinSpice 1.06 the commandline spice circuit simulator runs perfectly in ROS!
ReactOS: HP pavilion dv6500.
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

leppy232 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:41 pm Some Nintendo 64 SDK programs running... although they needed both WineVDM and a transplanted NTVDM from regular old Panes 5.1, so some work is still needed on that front.
Hi! Could you retest this with latest ReactOS nightly build (with themes applied) and send screenshots? There have been some Win32k fixes, so display of apps might be improved.
And where did you replace NTVDM from? Windows XP or Server 2003?
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
ArmyMan007

Post by ArmyMan007 »

More Wins please!!!
ReactOS - Open Your Windows to Freedom
Start

Post by Start »

Now the keyboard layout can be changed using the keyboard shortcut (Shift + Alt).
CORE-11737

Added 31 Aug 2022:
Unfortunately, there were problems and the fix was canceled :(
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Start wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:17 am Unfortunately, there were problems and the fix was canceled :(
It isn't a win until it is a win.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Most wins these days seem to be shared on Twiiter by the official account at https://twitter.com/reactos
dekhatha

Post by dekhatha »

Jajaja....
Lazarus compiling and working!Wohoo!
Muchas gracias por las capturas Jorge!
dekhatha

Post by dekhatha »

I didn't know this topic existed, otherwise I wouldn't be waiting for 0.3.15 to re-test a bunch of stuff I have. And apparently many screenshots from this thread have even been added to the homepage...
Last edited by dekhatha on Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

If you want to find out the latest then join ReactOS on Mattermost chat.