Search text box

Suggestions and comments about the ReactOS website

Moderator: Moderator Team

billyswong

Search text box

Post by billyswong »

On page Resources for Newbies, bullet Search & Find, I come across a line: "Type the search term in the search box and it starts returning results before you finish typing." Well, it seems not worked as it said. I typed words onto the search text box and ... nothing happened. I wondered for a while whether I really should carbon copy this line onto my translation, and then I realize it's probably a bug of the roscms, not the page written wrong. Hopes somebody fix it soon or it may mislead "newbies", or will it? :)
elhoir
Test Team

Post by elhoir »

you should contact frik85 at IRC (irc.reenode.net channel #reactos) or put a bug for Online Services and explain it
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Works for me. There's a slight delay that I attribute more to lag and processing time, but the search feature does work as advertised.
billyswong

Post by billyswong »

Z98 wrote:Works for me. There's a slight delay that I attribute more to lag and processing time, but the search feature does work as advertised.
Where am I supposed to see the search result? I see nothing changed as long as I haven't pressed the "Go" button. It's the same in Fx2 and IE6.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Which search are you referring to? I see no "Go" button in the CMS interface.
billyswong

Post by billyswong »

I thought the section Search & Find in page "Newbies" are for the main site, not the CMS. I am referring to the search text box on the main site, not the search text box inside the CMS.
- Search & Find
The ReactOS website has a powerful search function inbuild, you can find it in the menubar on the left side. Type the search term in the search box and it starts returning results before you finish typing. You can also click the "Go" button to search the ReactOS website using a third party web search engine (currently google.com).
If the sentence there is referring to that of inside CMS interface, then we should clarify it a little bit more in the writing.