Add new compatibility info newsletters/releases

Suggestions and comments about the ReactOS website

Moderator: Moderator Team

mikedep333

Add new compatibility info newsletters/releases

Post by mikedep333 »

I have noticed that many of the recent changes have been for things under the hood. A rewrite of the storage system may not sound as exciting as the new device manager, but it is very useful because it provides compatibility. Perhaps when the newsletter is written or when we write release notes, we should mention newly compatible popular applications or drivers?

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

In order to add such information, we have to be made aware of it. I do very limited testing in QEMU and no actual testing in real hw, so unless someone tells me something is working, I generally will not know about it. This holds true even for major releases, as I just do not have the hw to test it on.

That said, this suggestion has been made in the IRC channel, and ultimately may be included within the next changelog. It all depends on whether any of the developers, Colin, or myself can confirm such claims.

mikedep333

Post by mikedep333 »

Well, I'll be happy to try out new applications. You guys can then confirm them.

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

IMO it`s still way to early... compatibilty just comes and goes from trunk to trunk. We should wait at least for some stability.