Typo in developer FAQ

Suggestions and comments about the ReactOS website

Moderator: Moderator Team

Carney3

Typo in developer FAQ

Post by Carney3 »

On this page: https://www.reactos.org/developing/faqs, and specifically at the link reading
Is there any way to see how tests perform for a specific revision?
the answer provided is as follows:
We have Please refer to our ReactOS Testman for exactly this purpose and more. You can check single revisions and you can also compare several, and diff between each of the results.
At a minimum, there needs to be a period after the word "have".
Even better, "We have" would be replaced by something like "Yes, we have one." or "Yes, there is."
Blitzen_Dóiteán

Re: Typo in developer FAQ

Post by Blitzen_Dóiteán »

Carney3 wrote:
At a minimum, there needs to be a period after the word "have".
Even better, "We have" would be replaced by something like "Yes, we have one." or "Yes, there is."
Are we being nit picky about grammar? The sentence is understandable enough. Though if I came across that, it would probably bother me too, I just wouldn't complain about it.
*blank*
oldman

Post by oldman »

Actually, it would make sense if the words "We have" were removed.

Period! That is to do with time! Yet another north American perversion of the English language!
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
middings

Post by middings »

We have Please refer to our ReactOS Testman for exactly this purpose and more.
I suspect this questionable sentence was originally similar to "We have ReactOS Testman for exactly this purpose and more." If so, my guess is that someone intended to change the sentence to "Please refer to our ReactOS Testman for exactly this purpose and more" but whoever made the change did not delete the words "We have".
Missingno50

Post by Missingno50 »

oldman wrote:Period! That is to do with time! Yet another north American perversion of the English language!
What! Why are you blaming the Western countries!? It's always you Easts blaming the Wests, when in reality most of the time it's your fault these perversions even exist. :roll:

But in all seriousness, why does everyone bring up NA when the English language has a leap of faith. I mean, I'm pretty sure Xylophone is the Easts' fault for sure. That brought up, I'm not sure why anyone complains about the English language. I mean, you don't hear the Portuguese or Spanish complaining about Brazil or Mexico's dialects of the same language, so why do people have a problem with the English in NA when it's essentially the same situation?

Edit(Same day):Sorry if I just necro'd this post. By the by, I think the best way to fix this typo is to go with the following
We actually do have a way for you to see tests to revisions. Please refer to our ReactOS Testman for exactly this purpose and more. You can check single revisions and you can also compare several, and diff between each of the results.
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."
Proud owner of one semi-modern ROS compatible computer. I hope to make an industry out of selling ROS compatibles the moment 0.5.0 releases.