☻ Please Note: Thread will have a task list limit of 20 adjustment actions posted below.
☻ (NEWS Thread edits will happen if they come to mind. You may check back if you wish & see if their is more to read. Thank you for your time.
☻ (Reason for EDIT) Adding a new quick link 3 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪ to the body of the thread.
I welcome all comments over this topic & if you feel anything is wrong please let me know in your posting(s).
► Website ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪
☻ Thread Last Updated: 4/23/2014
☻ Build: ReactOS-0.3.16-REL-iso
☻ OS Running Oracle VM VirtualBOX
☻ (Thread Status): NOT COMPLUTED
☻ [Task total left] = 9
If you wish to read more of what I have to say. You may look at the following threads & added quick-links.
► 1 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪" : http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13249
► 2 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪" - http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 95#p108295
► 3 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪" : http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 22#p108422
► Website ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪ : Your on
Please note: To everyone reading thread. Thank you, for taken the time out of your busy day to read from- Blue.
Website features:Jobs (Main website)
1. This area needs to be edited out and redesigned. The way it is right now is very poorly done.
2. When I look over on the NEWS forums you see ReactOS - v.XXXX.. It does not give you any information on the improvements that where made on the new builds... I think it would be a good idea to start making a run down list of achievements that the new build has achieved other than just leaving a (HERE Link) If you want the new ReactOS download, we did it go get it... (Now you can see if its any better from last yourself & try to see what we've done & comment back here). That's the feeling I get when I like at that forum area... The information does not need to be every little thing that was changed but a good basic idea on what works better & if any new features are added in or if a area that was not working before now works etc...
Release notes Information like this would be nice to add to the last build report.
[ external image ]
OPERATING IMAGE CENTERMore USER Set information:
3. More USER information at top of user box for the forums- what version of ReactOS & what Virtual the person is using to run ReactOS that a user can set themselves.
Promotional Video Feed
4. Please add a Promotional VIDEO to the main website page. Kind of like how this one was made...
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yVpbFMhOAwE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Website icon design.
5. ReactOS website team should look into updating the forum icons of the website & maybe if you feel up for it make themes for the website body.
Main page of website.
6 Please add ~ | SLIDESHOW | NEWS | VIDEOS | ~ click-able area into the welcome page to show the community how the OS builders feel about working on the OS. This way it could bring in more people to helping & what ReactOS believe in & how they see what needs to happen going forward with this project. This way the community can even vote on the best promotional videos to be added to the website and get the community more involved into improving the OS builds.
[ external image ]
7 When a maintainer of ReactOS posts on a thread. Their post should have a design all a way around the 4 sides of the posting space or just give them colored posts to know who is a community member to a OS maintainer.
SUPPORT COMPATIBLITY CENTERDownload Center info
8 Please fix the information as shown below & remove the information under "CD Booklet" that saying: ReactOS 0.3.16 is still in alpha stage and is not recommended for everyday use." as you will not need it anymore as it would be above in the download table information and have it read like so below: \/ReactOS ISO Downloader website linksThe ReactOS 0.3.16 software includes binary and source distributions of the latest ReactOS. This includes the kernel, various subsystems and some basic applications. Please bear in mind that ReactOS 0.3.16 is still in alpha stage and is not recommended for everyday use. For installation instructions see the Installation guide and corresponding Wiki article.
9. Please make the download page area more like OpenSUSE.org.... [Example]: Size ISO (also suitable for USB stick) Contains... Suitable for installation.... , Download Type: 32 Bit .... , Documentation • Release Notes • License.
10. Please add a Compatibility Center to this website community driven. This is community driven and it does not have to be only down to the builders. (We could have a app area just for them also to add). That way the builders wall have recommended software from others in the field that is working on the ReactOS. This also can make improves little easier down the road for others learning or greater ways of doing something better from using older software that they thought was great but has been outdated for sometime... Now back to the community part: As the community can rank & rated software and leave messages over how they got it to work etc. by giving feedback builders could also look into work around of fixing it little faster... by the user base this would also keep the top working listed apps on the main page. Everyone can see what apps really work in the OS builds that are working 100%. This area might be the best idea. (Now my example): Have you even gone over to this website? http://www.cnet.com/ where they do product reviews etc... we should have this area also for the user base setup almost like that.
ReactOS Wiki Center
11. Forums should have a edit-able wiki center for the ReactOS community website. This way the community can explain how to do Basic/Medium/Advance understaning to help Improve on the OS or app builder community's understanding), other than having to search the whole web data base... This would improve ReactOS and would add more community driven support for all projects. ReactOS It community driven so lets give it more community support! & see great things happen! ReactOS website already has a good start on this but it can be improved on even going as far as adding drop down menus & wiki data file quick content search this in the end adding more informative information to the building of the OS as it would allow more diverse information about each data file in the OS to be searched faster. Have you ever tried to look up something example like the "d3dx9_29.dll' etc. When I'm talking about a wiki. I mean have it listed file by file. This way it can be put to better use. Kind of like a part dictionary. This could give information on how to edit the data down to how a person is installing it into the system... ReactOS does have a Wiki but its under used I believe... I could be wrong if I'm looking in the wrong areas to try to find information about data files.. & if you don't have to go off the main website its a pules. categorizing part names could be a improvement even if they did not work at this time.
NOT PREFECT BUT BASIC IDEA IN THE IMAGES BELOW:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]