0.2.7 RC1

ReactOS related news

Moderator: Moderator Team

Headstrong

0.2.7 RC1

Post by Headstrong »

ReactOS 0.2.7 RC1 is available on sourceForge.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/reactos
Viod

Post by Viod »

whats new ? any info ?
:D
Headstrong

Post by Headstrong »

well nothing really big to report,at least no much in the way of eye candy but loads of work has gone into it, there has been major reworking of the headers,the devlopers are using a new build system, there is some network code (use at own risk), so really this release is to get all this major work stable, to that the devlopers have a strong platform to work on for the 0.3.0 release.
William Dojinn

Post by William Dojinn »

Out of curiosity how long does it take this buyld(live variant) to load once it hits the blue screen? I st there waiting a good five minutes after it'd said the cd rom device was loaded before giving up.

Machine specs:
Dell L733R
733Mhz Pintium 3 Coppermine processer
192MB Low Density SDRAM
(unknown brand( 10x DVDROM drive
3.5' Floppy drive
Nvidia Vanta/VantaNT Graphics card(16MB)

Not sure if machine specs will help in finding the problem, but its good practice to include them when something fubs up like this on a new build.
Andrewm1986

Post by Andrewm1986 »

Loads up in < 1s on my 1.6Ghz machine :)
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

One news I rember for 0.2.7 is we getting fullscreen for quake 1 (winquake). I have implement some part of fullscreen. but ReactOS can not change res at dymtatic yet, and user hook for the mouse and keyboard, change the directinput mouse to user hook.
Andrewm1986

Post by Andrewm1986 »

GreatLord wrote: ReactOS can not change res at dymtatic yet
Yes it can :D

in 0.2.7 you can change it using desktop properties on the fly!
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

you can not change the res dymatic in reactos at fly. I know. I, Blight_, hpoussin wrote that part of code. Before we can change res at fly we need change major part of win32. And that will not happen in 0.3.0 what I can tell.
Jaix
Moderator Team

Post by Jaix »

GreatLord wrote:you can not change the res dymatic in reactos at fly. I know. I, Blight_, hpoussin wrote that part of code. Before we can change res at fly we need change major part of win32. And that will not happen in 0.3.0 what I can tell.
Well take it in your time, we are happy to be able to change screen depth and resolution.
Andrewm1986

Post by Andrewm1986 »

Changing on the fly is not a priority.

Only things that need that is games really, and anyone that uses reactos at the moment for playing games for other than testing needs a brain enema
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

Not really. most games try to set a mode if it fail it try next mode. And when the game found a mode that sussess being dymtaic set fullscreen will happen. I have implement so if current res match with the game requested mode it return ok. and goes to fullscreen. Winquake are running in fullscreen. but it try set from 148x48 and up. when winquake mode scanner comes to current reactos screen res, the game goes fullscreen.

ReactOS
Does not change the res dymtaic, but if the game and ReactOS res mode match the game goes fullscreen
Luemmel

Post by Luemmel »

wow fullscreen for games is something i expected for a much later release but now i can't wait to see it myself :roll:
magic1136

Post by magic1136 »

use this os
can i make a web server?
GvG

Post by GvG »

Not yet.
TOTMS

ROS Webserver

Post by TOTMS »

If you want you can download 0.2.8 and put tinywebserver on there. That works fine :P