0.3.4 released

ReactOS related news

Moderator: Moderator Team

kiefmymate

Post by kiefmymate »

Have u Guys sorted the USB drivers, I have a driver set, found it on the internet called Orangeware USB 2 Drivers. Although its only surposed to work with 98/Me I have used them on XPPro. Whether they are generic open source I dont know. Maybe somebody knows more. :?:

Regards
Kiefmymate
tomleem

Orangeware not open source(?)

Post by tomleem »

http://www.orangeware.com/
"OrangeWare is a software design and development company specializing in driver and application development for emerging technologies. Its customers include Intel, VIA, nVidia, Gigabyte, Micro Star, 3Com and many others. OrangeWare is known worldwide for its first to market development of the USB 2.0 drivers for Windows and Mac operating systems. OrangeWare holds additional copyrights on driver technologies for 802.11a/b/g wireless, 1394b, Windows audio/video utility products, and now, 1394 Audio. Looking ahead, OrangeWare has committed its support for UWB/WirelessUSB development with the intention to be first to market with driver support for this exciting new technology. OrangeWare is also engaged in several Carbon transitions for the new Apple Intel x86 based Macintoshes."

It does not appear to be open source.
Tom Lee M / BigGoofyGuy
etko

Post by etko »

There is also very good driver from InsideOut Networks working perfectly on Windows NT4. They say it's almost full usb implementation for NT4 which I believe it's much similar to ROS than 9x. The driver is closed, but given end of life NT4 it might be interesting to try to persuade the company to contribute, releasing it under GPL. I tested it on two machines, P2 and P3 class running NT4.

However there has been great amount of work already done by devs so it might be pointless, besides company might reluctant to help. What's the devs opinion on this?

EDIT:
it's already available on net free of charge so this might be used to persuade them.
Magik_18l

Yay!!!

Post by Magik_18l »

ReactOS (maybe) will be relased on my birthday!!! What a present!!! ReactOS Team go for it!!!
Cristan

Re: 0.3.4 released

Post by Cristan »

ReactOS is already released but nu announcement yet. Can anyone announce it in this section so we have a place to discuss about it?