0.3.0 RC1

ReactOS related news

Moderator: Moderator Team

Speedator

Post by Speedator »

Tried the LiveCD.
But the mouse went crasy. Flickering and not able to execute anything with mouse. Maybe this is caused by my synaptic-touchpad?

And the shutdown didn't work pressing shutdown and pressing 'yes' on the popup(via keyboard ;D) it went back to desktop. Again and again.
Reboot all the stuff and the same problems.
Mrkaras

Post by Mrkaras »

To shutdown you use logoff. Sombody should fix this oneday.
cruzades

Post by cruzades »

shutdown works with mine

ros 0.3.0

only thing that lacking is an indication that shutting down is in progress.
terrance

Post by terrance »

These days are really great because we have waited for 0.3 for years now... I can recall Christmas a year ago when Arty said it could be done in a few months... Well, life is holding many surprises for us.

The great things is, that it shouldn't be that long (lol, maybe anyhow) until 0.4 because these parts have been developed concurrently. 0.3 should also draw many developers and a lot of attention.
Jaix
Moderator Team

Post by Jaix »

terrance wrote:These days are really great because we have waited for 0.3 for years now... I can recall Christmas a year ago when Arty said it could be done in a few months... Well, life is holding many surprises for us.

The great things is, that it shouldn't be that long (lol, maybe anyhow) until 0.4 because these parts have been developed concurrently. 0.3 should also draw many developers and a lot of attention.
Yepp, that's for sure, if we didn't have the svn-trunk I probably wouldn't survived. All of us looks forward to see the 0.3.0 version getting released, and not to mention the 0.4.x, keep coding friends!
Sirmatto

Post by Sirmatto »

Looks like ReactOS got a little publicity:

http://osnews.com/story.php?news_id=14932

No publicity like free publicity!
cruzades

Post by cruzades »

@Sirmatto

thank's for reminding that one ^^

i almost forgot to put this link on forums where i'm in.

thanks, and more power to ROS and ROS Team!
Radhad

Post by Radhad »

Sirmatto wrote:Looks like ReactOS got a little publicity:

http://osnews.com/story.php?news_id=14932

No publicity like free publicity!
Not only there... http://www.golem.de/0606/45977.html
hondaman

Post by hondaman »

Is there a "Whats New" list somewhere for 0.3rc1? I'm interested in the development of ReactOS

Good job guys.
Jaix
Moderator Team

0.3.0 final

Post by Jaix »

hondaman wrote:Is there a "Whats New" list somewhere for 0.3rc1? I'm interested in the development of ReactOS

Good job guys.
When the 0.3.0 final is released all changelogs will be released too, but til then you just got to read the svn messages or look at what 0.3.0 should concist of in the wiki.
mcgogo

Post by mcgogo »

Hello,

I am new here but I read this forum and Testing ROS a long time, but when i try to download a last version of ROS 0.3 RC1 with preloaded QEMU my antivirus write a warning message for possible boot virus infection. this message i got at home and at Work too. Can you test the archive with this antivirus. Thank you and sorry for my bad english.
Sirmatto

Post by Sirmatto »

mcgogo wrote:Hello,

I am new here but I read this forum and Testing ROS a long time, but when i try to download a last version of ROS 0.3 RC1 with preloaded QEMU my antivirus write a warning message for possible boot virus infection. this message i got at home and at Work too. Can you test the archive with this antivirus. Thank you and sorry for my bad english.
Make sure you get from Sourceforge and only from Sourceforge.
mcgogo

Post by mcgogo »

but the link is the same as the link on the official site
Sirmatto

Post by Sirmatto »

mcgogo wrote:but the link is the same as the link on the official site
If you got it from the ReactOS Sourceforge site, then your virus scanner is posting a false positive.
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

mcgogo wrote:Hello,

Possible Boot infection virus ... sounds like it recognizes the boot code in there as virus.
Where do you want ReactOS to go today ?