ReactOS 0.4.11 released

ReactOS related news

Moderator: Moderator Team

EmuandCo
Developer

Re: ReactOS 0.4.11 released

Post by EmuandCo »

If you are a Alex fanboy, nice for you. But next time you write such a useless and off topic char array as post, I will make you stop!
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

I detect a trollywoll. This might be appropriate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReNCe06jX6Y
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
FrankieTheSkin

Post by FrankieTheSkin »

I so wish it was ready for use, I'm so fed up with Microsoft and their arrogance, your project is exactly what I'm looking for. If I ever win, like, a £100m jackpot, I'd fund you to get it done quick and proper, but the likelihood of that is close to zero, so I can only hope that you can manage to get it done as soon as possible. PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP, I NEED THIS!!! Whilst I'm indeed a programmer, I'm nowhere near good enough to help, I taught myself everything I know, not enough to work on an OS. :-/
ThePhysicist
Developer

Post by ThePhysicist »

powerplayer wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:24 am Virtualbox gives me bsod this is a sideffect of fireing kernel developer Alex Ionescu
You mean this one? No, this is a side effect of the user manually generating a crash dump. But you obviously know that already, since you did it.
[ external image ]

For your next conspiracy theory, please make sure to include Putin, Trump, Clinton, the Vatican and grey aliens. Then it might be worth reading.
powerplayer

Post by powerplayer »

This was an example bluescreen
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

FrankieTheSkin wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:45 pm I so wish it was ready for use, I'm so fed up with Microsoft and their arrogance, your project is exactly what I'm looking for. If I ever win, like, a £100m jackpot, I'd fund you to get it done quick and proper, but the likelihood of that is close to zero, so I can only hope that you can manage to get it done as soon as possible. PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP, I NEED THIS!!! Whilst I'm indeed a programmer, I'm nowhere near good enough to help, I taught myself everything I know, not enough to work on an OS. :-/
We ALL feel this way.

I'd suggest you stumble on with Win7 for the next two years then think about ReactOS again. By that time ReactOS might just be usable (ie. stable and non-corrupting) for certain selective tasks. For myself, when that time arrives I am thinking about using Kubuntu as a host and ReactOS as a guest o/s running under something like virtualbox - running only a single application on each VM instance, writing data to its own very small virtual data disc that can be frequently backed up (or the data extracted) so I can restore my data if the file system is ever corrupted. Someone with $£E100,000,000 or so to spend might be able to spare a million. We can only hope.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
onestop_mid

Post by onestop_mid »

ThePhysicist wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:38 pm
powerplayer wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:24 am Virtualbox gives me bsod this is a sideffect of fireing kernel developer Alex Ionescu
You mean this one? No, this is a side effect of the user manually generating a crash dump. But you obviously know that already, since you did it.
[ external image ]

For your next conspiracy theory, please make sure to include Putin, Trump, Clinton, the Vatican and grey aliens. Then it might be worth reading.
http://winclassic.boards.net/user/5

I knew I recognized that username. Dude thinks ReactOS should focus ONLY on explorer.exe so he can hackjob his Windows 10 installation with it because he complains about everything not being good in 10 and yet uses it over 8.1 or 7.
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

Solution: Stop being impatient and wait. You can't force people to do what you want.
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC