ReactOS 0.4.9 released

ReactOS related news

Moderator: Moderator Team

middings

Re: ReactOS 0.4.9 released

Post by middings »

jbdurbs wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:49 amCan this release run on real hardware?
Is there a reason you could not find the answer to your question on the ReactOS.org web site, jbdurbs?
jbdurbs

Post by jbdurbs »

Perhaps because it was not menstioned in the release and also i am a newbie, just joined? :oops:
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

It's generally considered bad taste to join a community and then immediately ask others to do your own simple research for you.

https://www.reactos.org/forum/search.ph ... l+hardware
https://reactos.org/wiki/Installing_Rea ... l_hardware
https://reactos.org/wiki/Supported_Hardware
https://reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs

As always, keep in mind that ROS is in alpha stage and is targeting Windows Server 2003 compatibility. Your best bet would be to use hardware for which Windows XP drivers exist.

And FYI, around here we encourage people to try things - test it out and see for yourself if it works or not. We simply cannot test all the different hardware out there ourselves.
gbwhats

Post by gbwhats »

thanks for post.
DPITTI

Post by DPITTI »

Und auf welcher nativen Hardware AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ × 2 läuft Reactos nun? Vor 3 Jahren hatte ich noch einige Museums Computer gehabt :mrgreen:
shunesburg

Post by shunesburg »

DPITTI wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:54 pm Und auf welcher nativen Hardware AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ × 2 läuft Reactos nun? Vor 3 Jahren hatte ich noch einige Museums Computer gehabt :mrgreen:
Don't speak German, we don't understand. If you want speak in your language, there is a German section in the Forum.
oldman

Post by oldman »

I have done a rough and ready translation, but watch the German speakers have a laugh at it.

Und auf welcher nativen Hardware AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ × 2 läuft Reactos nun?
And of which native Hardware AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ × 2 run Reactos now?

Vor 3 Jahren hatte ich noch einige Museums Computer gehabt
For 3 years would I still some Museums Computer have
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

oldman wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:41 pm I have done a rough and ready translation, but watch the German speakers have a laugh at it.

Und auf welcher nativen Hardware AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ × 2 läuft Reactos nun?
And of which native Hardware AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ × 2 run Reactos now?

Vor 3 Jahren hatte ich noch einige Museums Computer gehabt
For 3 years would I still some Museums Computer have
On which native AMD Athlon X2 hardware does Reactos run?
3 years ago I had some museum-computers.

This is better. ;)
shunesburg

Post by shunesburg »

gonzoMD wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:33 pm On which native AMD Athlon X2 hardware does Reactos run?
3 years ago I had some museum-computers.

This is better. ;)
Thanks gonzoMD, now I understand. I'm not English native but it's easier for me than German. ;-)

Ich verstehe kein Deutsch ("I don't understand German" Thank you Google Translate)

PS: museum-computer = computosaur
loganj

Post by loganj »

at the current speed of development, its meaning will become useless by the time it will reach beta.
1st i thought this reactos is something new. but when i google it i found out that it has more than 20 years of development and still in alpha and unable to use almost any real hardware
hahahahaha
20 years
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
i keep loling every time i remember it
20 years and its still a useless product
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

...and all those many years of brain development have led you that conclusion? I think we can confidently leave your post here so that we can all see how pathetic you are - forever and ever.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Wow, first time I give holidays to someone on his 1st post...
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
shunesburg

Post by shunesburg »

loganj wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:28 am than 20 years of development and still in alpha and unable to use almost any real hardware
hahahahaha
[...] 20 years and its still a useless product
If you laughing less and help more maybe the project will be finished faster.
To copy the whole features of Windows it's very long, ReactOS are not Microsoft with all money and manpower structure.
In the beginning, the target was Windows 95 and now it's Windows Server 2003 and there are just few developers and the funds are low.
There is no reason to laugh, but if you want you can cry it will be more justify.
Soner

Post by Soner »

I am following Reactos for years and must say it is getting better with every release. I hope some days we can install this on real machine.
I tested today my own program with Reactos and it is worked with some missing parts.(printing, vertically mirrored images from imagelist. I think this is reactos bug)
It is client server invoice program. Client part runned in Reactos and the firebird database server runs on windows 10 machine. Maybe I could install data base server in reactos too, but I didn't tried it. I posted it on my blog here https://soner-a.blogspot.com/2018/10/re ... esser.html

Why don't you rename the user folder to "users"? "Documents and Settings" is too lang. I renamed years ago on my Windows XP machine this folder to "Users" and "Program files" to "Programs" and get never problem with it. (I did it custom installation cd.)

Keep up the good work guys.
wimc

Post by wimc »

ReactOS has potential, will be keeping a watchful eye on it. Wish there was a thumbs up smiley.