0.2.9 released

ReactOS related news

Moderator: Moderator Team

Zapy

Post by Zapy »

well the sourceforge link in the first post isnt working anymore, or well its working but the files are gone so if someone could make them avaible again and a " rerelease " of the 0.2.9 version would be great.
Sirmatto

Post by Sirmatto »

Well, I'm not sure if the admins will allow it, so I won't post exact linkage, but Sourceforge archives all downloads for every project, so it's just a matter of finding the archive :)
Zapy

Post by Zapy »

so you say that it exists on sourceforge in the archive? i tought it was removed due to the code work/look-over
Sirmatto

Post by Sirmatto »

I don't think the developers can modify the archive. It automatically archives every file ever posted on Sourceforge.
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

Zapy

Post by Zapy »

Sirmatto wrote:I don't think the developers can modify the archive. It automatically archives every file ever posted on Sourceforge.
Ok but well because of the "wrong code" or what you shuld cal it o tought it was removed completley.
Ah nice finaly the official download page is up, wasnt when i asked, anyway, found it in the archive :)
installed it, but my PS2 mouse dosnt work, its a MX500 on a USB to PS2 adapter thru a KVM switch ( t-board works great ) and well, i cant say that its stable :D

does it exist any beta program? ><
Illusionist

Post by Illusionist »

Zapy wrote:i cant say that its stable :D

does it exist any beta program? ><
Well... As I know, ROS is still very alpha. ;) No betas yet... But it's coming along nice.

@people deeply involved with ROS: I' ve been following you since 0.2.5... Can't wait to get my hands on 0.2.9/0.3... I have slow modem connection and won't risk to download 0.2.9 if I don't get it another way... So I'm waiting for 0.3. Currently testing 0.2.8. I see a lot of improvements in ROS between versions I tested, and I just want to wish you the best of lucks in future development and hope to contribute to project in future (currently I don't have much spare time) even if that means only working on docs or wiki...
Jaix
Moderator Team

0.2.8 to 0.3 will be a great improvement!

Post by Jaix »

Illusionist wrote:Well... As I know, ROS is still very alpha. ;) No betas yet... But it's coming along nice.

@people deeply involved with ROS: I' ve been following you since 0.2.5... Can't wait to get my hands on 0.2.9/0.3... I have slow modem connection and won't risk to download 0.2.9 if I don't get it another way... So I'm waiting for 0.3. Currently testing 0.2.8. I see a lot of improvements in ROS between versions I tested, and I just want to wish you the best of lucks in future development and hope to contribute to project in future (currently I don't have much spare time) even if that means only working on docs or wiki...
First I would like to welcome you to the ReactOS forum.
I know you will love what has happened since 0.2.8! Get an ADSL internet connection and start to try it's improvements every week! Or get a USB-drive and download it at a friends house to take down to your own computer to try it out.
Illusionist

Re: 0.2.8 to 0.3 will be a great improvement!

Post by Illusionist »

Jaix wrote:First I would like to welcome you to the ReactOS forum.
Thank you for your welcome. ;)
Jaix wrote:I know you will love what has happened since 0.2.8! Get an ADSL internet connection and start to try it's improvements every week!
Currently can't do that. But I'll find another way if you say it's worth of it. ;) I will be glad to test out the latest development versions if I find a way to download them at least at weekly terms. Downloading 0.2.9 is already on my "to do" list (thanks to your recommendation), so I'll start testing it pretty soon.
Mrkaras

Post by Mrkaras »

Another option, what i used to do when i were on a dialup connection is to use a download manager and just download a little bit each time your online. the nightly builds won't work this way but the official releases will.
Stead

Re: 0.2.8 to 0.3 will be a great improvement!

Post by Stead »

Illusionist wrote: Currently can't do that. But I'll find another way if you say it's worth of it. ;) I will be glad to test out the latest development versions if I find a way to download them at least at weekly terms. Downloading 0.2.9 is already on my "to do" list (thanks to your recommendation), so I'll start testing it pretty soon.
well if you really want to try it ot, i can complile the latest version and upload it for you, i just did a quick thing in winrar and the latest i complied split it into 1.4mb chunks self extracting, 10 pieces at 13.5 mb total
Illusionist

Post by Illusionist »

Thank you guys for your suggestions. But I found out there is an internet caffe in my city that offers burning downloaded data to CD or DVD. It is more expensive than using my own dialup connnection for that, but it's hassle free and fast. I think I'll just test them out one of these days.
If you seek freedom, don't seek at wrong places.
Illusionist

Post by Illusionist »

BTW, that would also be a good chance for me to get the source for at least 0.2.9. I have a knowledge of C, but I'm weak on Win API. Maybe, I could look at ROS Apps source to get a bit more knowledge of that.
If you seek freedom, don't seek at wrong places.
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

Illusionist wrote:BTW, that would also be a good chance for me to get the source for at least 0.2.9. I have a knowledge of C, but I'm weak on Win API. Maybe, I could look at ROS Apps source to get a bit more knowledge of that.
I would recommend you to download trunkXXXX.rar from http://svn.reactos.org/. That is a weekly snapshot of the svn source. But of cause you can't be sure that it is building and bug free.
Where do you want ReactOS to go today ?
Sirmatto

Post by Sirmatto »

What's the status on the revision builds? I remember reading that it was (at least temporarily) no longer possible, since the SVN box switched from a Windows box to a Linux box. Do the devs plan on eventually restoring it?