0.3.14 is out

ReactOS related news

Moderator: Moderator Team

Z98
Release Engineer

0.3.14 is out

Post by Z98 »

The ReactOS project is pleased to announce the release of 0.3.14.

The download is located here: http://www.reactos.org/en/download.html

For more information, please see this page: http://www.reactos.org/en/news_page_70.html
alfanak.net

Re: 0.3.14 is out

Post by alfanak.net »

congratulations to reactos developers for this new release ;)
i hope we see 0.4 as soon as possible
ArmyMan007

Post by ArmyMan007 »

Thank you!!! It's been a long time! :D
ReactOS - Open Your Windows to Freedom
Gomos

Post by Gomos »

Good job. I'am testing...
Nice, to read about WiFi support. Even though WEP is(or should be) irrelevant in practice for good reason, I know it is the first step.
Can you tell us about the progress for WPA2? Is there any documentaion about it?
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Gomos wrote:Good job. I'am testing...
Nice, to read about WiFi support. Even though WEP is(or should be) irrelevant in practice for good reason, I know it is the first step.
Can you tell us about the progress for WPA2? Is there any documentaion about it?
Cgutman could answer you better than me, but basically WPA handshake is managed by the OS and this must be implemented. It's not an easy work, and it will need time.
In the other hand, releasing new features in a progressive way will help to debug them deeper. :)
BrentNewland

Post by BrentNewland »

vicmarcal wrote:
Gomos wrote:Good job. I'am testing...
Cgutman could answer you better than me, but basically WPA handshake is managed by the OS and this must be implemented. It's not an easy work, and it will need time.
In the other hand, releasing new features in a progressive way will help to debug them deeper. :)
Just did a quick google and saw there's a project called Open1x (http://sourceforge.net/projects/open1x/) which is GPL, written in C/C++, available for windows, and brings support for WPA/WPA2 and others to the OS. Would that be of any use?

*edit* I've seen this listed as an alternative to the above http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/
Last edited by BrentNewland on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Thanks! That was a nice find and i`ll make it sure that Cameron takes a look at it.
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

Don't forget to add 0.3.14 to the Compatibility DB test drop down.
milon

Post by milon »

Awesome! Can't wait to test it out! :D

EDIT: Okay, I've tested it. Works well so far. Sweet! But it seems that Guest Additions in VirtualBox doesn't work anymore. I can't get ROS PI/10 to see my shared folder, which really slows down my testing.
milon

Post by milon »

Oh hey, I forgot to say that I played with ZSnes in ROS 0.3.14 and I can confirm it works well. I wasn't able to test sound yet and I never use ZSnes's internet abilities, but everything else looks good! :D
CycleGeek

Post by CycleGeek »

The release got notice on Neowin.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Well done - really good progress toward a usable replacement for 'Widnoes'
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
kneekoo

Post by kneekoo »

Great release! :) Now that the theme engine scratched the surface I wonder when will ReactOS have a better UI because this needs some polish. I also hope Open1X will be push forward the wireless networking in ReactOS. It took me by surprise to learn that Haiku and ReactOS are working together so all these put together look very promising. This will be an interesting year. :) I with more developers will step in to help with the progress. Until then, thanks guys, and I hope you'll get more than personal satisfaction from this project. :) Good luck!
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

The latest newsletter summarising what has been done on the session manager, stopping leakages, security and USB support shows what hard work is going into Reactos.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.