3D drivers (OpenGL) for Reactos

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Haos
Test Team

Re: 3D drivers (OpenGL) for Reactos

Post by Haos »

There should be no need to port anything to ROS. If it works on Windows, it should work on ROS as well.

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Well, right now you have to. It hooks onto the directx interfaces, which we do not have
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

Geri_lgfx

Post by Geri_lgfx »

There is a huge update on TitaniumGL.

-fixed some stability issues
-TitaniumGL software renderer now uses packet-based out-of-order rendering, wich allows to incrase the number of rendering threads
-Software rendered version can now utilize up to 24 cores.
-TitaniumGL now uses smaller memory stack
-huge performance improvement: 1.5x-2x speed-up in the software renderer when using 4 core computers

http://TitaniumGL.tk

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Nice. Long time not heard from you
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

Geri_lgfx

Post by Geri_lgfx »

yes, sorry for that, in the last one year i primarily focused on a different project

ConductiveDielectric

Post by ConductiveDielectric »

Closed-source OpenGL wrapper? In ReactOS?! Nice.

> Why is opening the source not an option for you?
> money

Oh, great! Go make a lot of money! But please, stop spamming here. This community has absolutely no interest in your "free" project. Thank you.

gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

ConductiveDielectric wrote:Closed-source OpenGL wrapper? In ReactOS?! Nice.

> money

Oh, great! Go make a lot of money! But please, stop spamming here. This community has absolutely no interest in your "free" project. Thank you.
well the project has absolutely no interrest in trolling

DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy »

Well, he does kind of have a point. This product might be useful to some of the forum's members, but so might vacuum cleaners or 3D printers, and anyone who created an account for the purpose of advertising those products would be banned. It's been established that this product can't be incorporated into ReactOS, so these posts are essentially advertisements. It's one thing to link to your projects in your signature -- which I do -- but quite another thing to go to someone's forum and post, "Hey everybody, check out the latest version of my website/product!".

Of course, whether these posts are allowed isn't my call, or ConductiveDielectric's call, so the proper thing to do is mark the post as spam and let whoever decides these things make their decision.

Edit: Wait, someone deleted my signature? And didn't even tell me??? I'm sensing a double standard here. I don't even know what to say.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free DOS, Windows and OS/2 games at RGB Classic Games.

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Hrm, where did your sig lead?

DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy »

It was a link to my website.

I once changed a link in a post on my forum and didn't tell the author, and she left and never returned. She was the top poster; the forum isn't the same without her. While it's educational to learn how she felt, it doesn't change how I'm going to respond. You have the right to modify your members' posts and profile, but you should have the courtesy to tell them. In life, when people can't trust you, they leave you. Since I can't find any options in the User Control Panel to modify my password or email address, I'll rely on you to lock my account for me. I'm done.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free DOS, Windows and OS/2 games at RGB Classic Games.

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

This is pure conjecture, but if you had not noticed the link being removed, it must have been relatively recent, and I don't remember deleting anyone's sig in the past half year or so. I generally do send a warning to people to let them know if they have something that's not considered acceptable. Granted my memory can be complete crap at times, but I don't think I was the one that took out your sig. The logs also aren't being very helpful as the only anything relating to you cropping up in the logs is from a couple of years ago. There are also only about four people who have sufficient permissions to have actually modified your profile, and I'll be having a little chat with them, but this particular lapse is a tad annoying since we (or at least I) tend to trust the ability of long time forum members to self-police themselves.

So consider this my apology for allowing this to happen, as from what I recall, the link to your site was, while very easy to misconstrue at first glance, did not run afoul of the no advertising rule sufficiently to warrant outright removal without talking to you.

Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

DOSGuy wrote:Wait, someone deleted my signature? And didn't even tell me??? I'm sensing a double standard here. I don't even know what to say.
What double standard should be there? It's been a long time standard to erase all signatures periodically since the Drupal move took place. The timespan between deletion is however a few days. I lost my sig multiple times and then just adapted to local culture of no sig :ugeek:

Re: TitaniumGL - the guy posted one update after a year. That doesn't really sound like spamming, if you remember frequency of updates Lautus or ROSPaing development threads (granted, they are FOSS).

Geri_lgfx

Post by Geri_lgfx »

oh what have i done

[ external image ]

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

ConductiveDielectric wrote:Closed-source OpenGL wrapper? In ReactOS?! Nice.

> money

Interesting, how you with your 4 posts dare to speak for the whole community. Even more interesting how you dare to insult others in the name of the community with your friggin 4 posts!
This is the last time I will say that somewhere in the forums before I smash the banhammer into some sorry faces! We are no braindead GNU project yelling around that commercial software is the devil! Commercial support is what makes most software big and successful. Same counts for the uber great Linux community! Without commercial funds Linux would be such a dead project since ages already! ReactOS is here to support closed software If you did not realize yet! Nothing else would give ROS a reason to exist! And now BACK to topic! If you wanna discuss that, then do not dare to do that here! I have some sort of allergic reaction regarding thread hijacking! Open a new off topic post to tear me apart I you want that badly.

erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

EmuandCo wrote:We are no braindead GNU project yelling around that commercial software is the devil! Commercial support is what makes most software big and successful.
Even GNU could not have come to existence without a commercial software called AT&T Unix. But without them, we might come into a point DRM were *required more strictly than today's* and FOSS were impossible. Yes, they are at the extremes, because, they had been the soldiers of a battle-software copyright battle.
-uses Ubuntu+GNOME 3 GNU/Linux
-likes Free (as in freedom) and Open Source Detergents
-favors open source of Windows 10 under GPL2