React OS X

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

SabakunoIsen

React OS X

Post by SabakunoIsen »

Hi

ReactOS currently does not run on Intel Mac natively, but it can run in a VM on a Mac.
Running ReactOS in Virtualbox allows you to run old Windows applications such as http://www.cgerlach.de/go/macmahon.html without the need for Crossover.

Currently you can run some Windows applications on Linux with wine and some Mac OS X Applications on Linux using GNUstep or Cocotron if you have the source of these applications.

After Apple has switched to Intel it should be possible to create an OS that runs both Windows and Mac/Unix software, using ReactOS with a POSIX subsystem (windows NT4 had one) or Linux Unified Kernel.
Z98
Release Engineer

Re: React OS X

Post by Z98 »

Outside the purview of this project and running OSX, or even *nix software on an NT platform is not something that interests the team. If you want to run *nix software, just run whatever variant of *nix that supports it. Same for OSX.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

.. or find some ppl who are interested in writing a Posix Subsystem. We have way higher priorities right now, sorry.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes
greenie

Post by greenie »

my windows runs windows apps and any apps Ubuntu supports. Fast and have failed to see any bugs so far and i don't use a vm.
I do this using co-linux. if you create a co-osx you can run vanilla windows with the option to add osx support.
Kyuuqsoft

Post by Kyuuqsoft »

Join with Aquais OS, you will get the best OS. i do wish Aquais will have,

Marketshare
96% Aquais OS
58% Windows
Sof_T

Post by Sof_T »

Kyuuqsoft wrote:Join with Aquais OS, you will get the best OS. i do wish Aquais will have,

Marketshare
96% Aquais OS
58% Windows
154% ?
Kyuuqsoft

Post by Kyuuqsoft »

Lets shortening this,

Aquais OS - 96%
Windows - 4%

BY 2017.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Did you just made up random numbers for percentage and deadline year?