Current Development

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Z98
Release Engineer

Re: Current Development

Post by Z98 »

My only response to your statements is you've simply stated your opinion that Windows sucks. We don't share that opinion. There are issues, but they are not unique to Windows. It's also quite apparent what is considered an issue is different from our perspectives. So don't get your hopes too high, cause our goal is interop with Windows, and some of the things you consider to be an issue may have to be the way they are to achieve that goal. And I personally don't have any issues with that at all.

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Linux has more than enough issues, too. Billion Distros and most useless and witout any reason to exist at all, Dependency Jungle making every build a Adventure, Everything written 100 times because every so called Linux disciple has onother idea to make things worse and forks ore rewrites the whole thing. See Sound Stack.

Wow, what a superior OS....

Windows is always the same, no stupid 3*10^8 different components doing the same in a fully incompatible way. No dependency problems, except if you decide to port a Linux app ;-)
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

mrugiero

Post by mrugiero »

Haos wrote:Games are mostly images/animation/sound if you count it per adjacent disk space. Applications are mostly code, OS-es even more. Also, cost of creating OS is even bigger than creating app of the same size.
In fact, it's even cheaper (in a relative way) to make a game, because most of the code (almost all in the engine) is usually recycled from another game, and when you make a new engine, you re-use it or sell the license to use it to another company...
EmuandCo wrote:Linux has more than enough issues, too. Billion Distros and most useless and witout any reason to exist at all, Dependency Jungle making every build a Adventure, Everything written 100 times because every so called Linux disciple has onother idea to make things worse and forks ore rewrites the whole thing. See Sound Stack.

Wow, what a superior OS....

Windows is always the same, no stupid 3*10^8 different components doing the same in a fully incompatible way. No dependency problems, except if you decide to port a Linux app ;-)
In fact, the dependencies problem is not the problem itself, is the solution; most of apps in Linux recycles code, so they put it in the libraries to share it between apps. It makes smaller applications, and less coding work.
In the other hand, that issue is not from "Linux, the software", is from "Linux, the community".

However, I think this discussion is stupid from start, there is no superior OS, there are OS suitables to some users.

There is a huge contradiction in most Linux users (and that makes me shameful of being one) to promote freedom telling other what to use; that's not freedom, there was a similar discussion like this with nute (in fact, it wasn't just one, it was many) about "How the way I think is better than yours!"...
And that's another "Linux community" normal issue...

naums

Post by naums »

I'd end this discussion now, and just say: sorry ^^.

And everyone is free to choose his own OS and everyone should at least give the other OSes a try. Especially when it is free. I did not want to force someone into installing any OS. Every OS has its errors and any has it good sites. Windows is compatible, Linux is a good networker and the whole apt-get idea is just great. (At least I think) So lets just end it here.