Language specific discussion - Portuguese

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

nitrofurano

Language specific discussion - Portuguese

Post by nitrofurano »

maybe Portuguese is a good suggestion for one more language on Language Specific Discussion index

portuguese (even being a bit close to spanish-castellano (which you have there just named as spanish)) is a language spoken from more than 250 million people, and for example, the brazilian open-source community is not that small (conectiva linux distribution, in southern-america, is brazilian) (i think the actual linux kernel director is a Conectiva employee), as well here in Portugal we have linux distributions like Caixa-Magica

i think this suggestion is not useless at all - what do you think?
Malba Tahan

Good suggestion

Post by Malba Tahan »

I think you are right! I'm a Portuguese speaker myself, and sometimes I find it difficult to write in English.
Bush was reelected, Terminator is at his side, and Superman is dead! Who's gonna save us?
nitrofurano

Post by nitrofurano »

I think you are right! I'm a Portuguese speaker myself, and sometimes I find it difficult to write in English.
i got your point - since we didn't born on a country where english is not the 1st language, some lack of grammar construction is lost or inducted to mistakes (even vocabulary)

as well, i (as well we all in the forum) want to know better how popular is ReactOS in Brazil and all latin america, as well Linux and all open-source community (i don't have my feet in Brazil for more than 12 years)