If an ex-Microsoft employee wanted to join ReactOS what....?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Witch

If an ex-Microsoft employee wanted to join ReactOS what....?

Post by Witch »

If an ex-Microsoft employee wanted to join ReactOS what are they allowed to do?
And what aren't they allowed to do since their eyes are already tainted?

How can ReactOS make best use of an ex-Microsoft employee without violating laws and such?
I mean putting them on trivial tasks like I dunno what seems like such a waste don't you think?

vicmarcal
Test Team

Re: If an ex-Microsoft employee wanted to join ReactOS what....?

Post by vicmarcal »

Well usually Microsoft employee(as other developers in other companies) have a contract where they will keep the secrets/code they have seen.
But they can collaborate with ReactOS in the area they didnt work on Microsoft or they didnt see code. Anyway they can join/help ReactOS with money/translations too :). Not only in a project is the coding area.

Witch

Post by Witch »

I want to make optimal use of people like the author of After the Software Wars.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/0 ... en-source/

Microsoft is going to implode and there will be lots of submarine survivors to rescue. Now how to make sure they don't violate laws, patents and the ReactOS terms while making best use of their special powers?

How to protect the ReactOS code from being legally poisoned by posers?

steveh

MS employees? No-go for those who have access to MS$ code

Post by steveh »

I personally think Microsoft employees who have or who have had access to windows sourcecode or to anything else non-public material, should in NO case participate to reactos source coding, because they could "taint" the reactos code (taint = unwillingly bring in proprietary code or knowledge, which can put reactos at risk of being sued by microsoft )

MS$ employees who have no access to any material of this kind, could of course participate from reactos perspective, maybe not from MS$ perspective ?

Witch

Post by Witch »

Hmm...yeah you're right, too risky! Posers poisoning the ReactOS code isn't the biggest problem as I see it. It's when tainted eyes spread the poison like cancer and taint others who was clean before, that creates the most problems.

What measures are there today to take care of this situation?
How do you guys make sure that a contributor hasn't been working at Microsoft or its close partners?
What does those procedures look like?